Gunner Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody have a 1911? Any problems with the leaf spring?

I ran across an article about them. My "new" pistols have a similar leaf spring, but it only has two fingers, instead of the 1911's three. They operate the trigger and safety.
One area I didn't mess with cleaning the cosmoline, although there is a good YouTube showing a detail strip. I just soaked it with Goo Gone, and flushed with WD. A few spots got help from swabs.
Mine seem good, both triggers and safeties feel the same. One reason I bought two guns is to have a comparison. If two are the same, you can assume things are right. With only one gun, how do you know if some things are right or not? Also, if working on one gun, you have the other one to refer to. I've never owned this type of design; it's referred to as a "Mini Tokarev".

·
Administrator
11,744 Posts
My only 1911 platform is my Sig P938. The Sig isn't a true 1911 as I can work the slide with the safety on. Pictures your new pistol stripped down would be helpful. My only advice would be to be careful of using WD 40 as it can get gummy. I would use a gun oil or Ballistol and wipe off any excess.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My Zastavas safety locks slide, trigger and hammer cocked or not.
Can't find a strip photo. A through pin holds leaf spring against frame at bottom, safety shaft holds the top.
If you're really bored, this is the whole dis- and re- assembly YouTube. 28 minutes. Removing the spring is at 7:00 minutes, reinstall at 14:20.
Zastava M70 - Disassembly and Reassembly - YouTube
My first after-range cleaning, I plan on using Gun Scrubber. It wouldn't have been very good on cosmoline, but should get the remaining WD okay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts