Gunner Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have an Armscorp RIA 1911, (made in the Philippines), has complete parts interchangeability with Gov't. 1911s, and only ran me around $375., new. Accuracy and reliability are good, and it's not finniky on ammo, digests my handloads and factory with no problem.
Also have a S.S.Taurus 1911, haven't had it long enough to give a good evaluation, so far O.K.
Cheers,
Fred (Honcho)

·
Registered
4,728 Posts
Was wondering your all's opinion on the best 1911 around the 1500 dollar mark
I would get a Springfield Armory & a Sig Sauer. If you shop wisely, you could get both for your $1,500. You would not be disappointed with either.

You could also go the Ruger & Remington route.

A decent gunsmith would do a trigger job, if needed, for around $75 or less & your set.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Have a Dan Wesson A2 and also an STI Trojan. Both will run just under that $1500 mark and both are superb. Zero MIM parts in either one of these brands. Premium parts, only. No play in the actions, outstanding triggers, great accuracy. DW and STI are not high production gun brands, so availability can be an issue, but if you want truly high grade 1911s at a less than custom price, these are my picks.

DW A2 45 auto

STI Trojan 9mm (my target 1911)

Have also had excellent luck with S&W Performance Center 1911s. They'll be in a similar price bracket.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Ruger's six SR 1911 models run $979 to $1019. One is 9mm, one is 10mm.

Plus four Talo editions, and one for V.F. Grace that is a limited 75 unit run.

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
I really like my Kimber Tactical Pro II, had a full size as well at one time. Both were under $1000 when I bought them 10 years ago. I have never had a problem with it although I don't shoot it much any more, too hard for my arthritic hands to strip. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts