Gunner Forum banner

300 Win Mag Remington 700

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  billt 
#1 · (Edited)
So I have been working on the build up of only the second Remington Model 700 I have ever owned.

This one is a long action with a heavy barrel chambered in .300 Winchester Magnum. I traded for it a little over a year ago after I decided that my then new Ruger Precision Rifle was not for me.

Over the past months I've been collecting up ammo to try and find out what the rifle likes, once its range ready that is.

I've added a long action Magpul hunter stock, Magpul detachable AICS compatible mag and bottom metal, a 20 MOA cant scope base, Seekins Precision 34mm rings, and a SIG Tango6 5-30×56mm scope.

To say its a bit of a fatty is a grand bit of understatement, but the weight will hopefully lessen the felt recoil in the end.

The only thing keeping it, and me off the range is the Atlas bipod I want to use. Sling is a Turner Sadlery NM, ammo I've collected so far ranges from 150 to 200 grain.

Pictures to follow

See less See more
#5 ·
Very Nice! Love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.