Gunner Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shot 5 at 25 and 5 at 50 yds for sighters and here is the next 10 at 50 yds , look like it going to be a keeper . When the weather get a little nicer I will get my chrony out and see what the speed is before I shoot it at 100 yds . I just ordered a stainless ejector housing and that should finish the gun up .

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
looks like a good load.............are the sights gonna stay or get changed to a different set of irons?

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Machinist said:
Very impressive! How does it feel? Is it comfortable to shoot?
Did you find the screw?
It kicks a little less that a 44 mag and no I didn't find the screw , that's why I ordered the stainless ejector housing . Its for a 10" 44 mag I hope it fits .

deputy125
looks like a good load.............are the sights gonna stay or get changed to a different set of irons?
I love to get different ft sight . I hate ramped ones .

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Good looking gun AND TARGET. Good shooting

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I like those Maxies! Been searching for one I could afford for a long time. Everytime I see one on the auction sites it get bid outta my price range.

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There not getting cheaper . I have over $1000 with the SS frame , grip panels , Power free spin pawl and SS ejector rod housing change . Then add the brass and special bullets . The last year models have very tight spec , my cylinder gap is under .002 and most Ruger are .004 to .006 . on my other Ruger . It took me 2 yrs to find a NIB with 7 1/2 barrel and high serial number under $750 shipped . I found lots of used 10" at $600 in the early models .

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an early three digit one that is as tight as you suggest. I am not aware of any "loose" one's? Mine is super accurate as well with the 180 hr XTP and H4227. I ran into it 4 years ago at a show for $375. Near the top of my "best buys".

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Looks like she'd make great Deer medicine!! :D

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Taurus_9mm said:
Looks like she'd make great Deer medicine!! :D
I've put it on the back burner for a little bit . Here a completed pic . With the big grip the hammer rock back in hand . Now I can put my pinky under grip and stop the roll .

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...would recoil be more like a .41 mag lead factory load or SP factory load???

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sheepdog said:
...would recoil be more like a .41 mag lead factory load or SP factory load???
A little less that a 44 mag . So I guess the answer would be yes . I can tell you that squared trigger guard is like slamming your hand in a door . I held it 3 different ways and hurt three different fingers . Ruger had there head up there a$$ in that design .

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...would you hunt with it or not??? That's a lot of power....

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sheepdog said:
...would you hunt with it or not??? That's a lot of power....
That's a good question ... I have a BH 357 mag / 6.5 , SBH 357 max /7.5 , vaquero 44/40 /7.5 and a XP100 in 308 for hunting hand guns . The last time I hunted with a hand gun only was around 1980 and when I hunt I always carry a long barrel hand gun in this rig . Remember my 1st love is motorcycle , target shooting , Girls , fishing and then hunting in that order . At one time Girls were in the number one spot , but they keep losing ground the older I get . The 357 max will replace the 357 mag when I get all all my different loads developed for it . And no I will never shoot 38 or 357 mags in a max , I will load the max's case to 38 and 357 mag fps spec's . My 44-40 I have loads developed from 44 spl and loads that meet or exceed the 44 mag spec's .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts