Gunner Forum banner

45-60 winchester

6K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Snuffy 
#1 ·
loads of work to make the brass lots of fun to shoot and it was Tom Horns favorite weapon. I like the ole west useless or not anyone that has anything about it I would love to read about it.

#3 ·
my rifle the 45-70 head space is too thick and I am having to trim the face of the rim off slow going but once its done I am good to go. Yep been there , but thanks for your help pard.

#8 ·
just read up on trail boss-----------kind of a smokeless powder application similar to black powder in that it fills up the case..............ought to work good.................

#9 ·
I haven't used it yet but have some. The main reason it was brought out is because of the new shooters trying to cut cost and either were under charging or over charging. With Trail Boss you can't double charge and blow the gun up.
A black powder shooter was telling me about Trail Boss and the man I bought the gun from told me to use it. I will one day have just one powder to use in all my 6 guns and rifles if the Trail boss works out as good as they are telling me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.