Gunner Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
I've been carrying the 9mm for years, and added the .45 last year. It's been 100% reliable since day one, but I still carry the 9mm daily. Force of habit I guess.

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
The wife has the 9mm Shield, what is the weight difference with the 45? I have been thinking about one but so far am sticking with my P320 Compact with a 10 round mag.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 45 Shield fits the hand really good. I put a Pachmyar grip sleeve on mine. The recoil is less than expected for a 20.5 ounce gun. Very accurate also.

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
I've never held a 45 Shield . I have small hand and my Kahr CW45 is the 1st DA triggers I could reach correctly in 45 acp . I shorten the mag well so I could carry it in my front pocket with no problems . The only thing I dislike is you must be careful that the spring is on the take down pin is in the correct location . If you screw it up it will lock the slide open after every shot . I like my Glock 27 better . .

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the .45 Shield ,but, have only had the opportunity to shoot it one time about 70 rounds if I remember correctly. Then I got e-coli poisoning in my blood and was down for about seven weeks and am just starting to get back on my feet again. I liked shooting it the day I did shoot I remember and I know I can't wait to get back to the range to shoot it some more. I want to drop an Apex trigger in my Glock 23 and bring them both to the range at the same time. The only thing I don't like about single stack guns and range time is you spend more time loading than you do shooting. Thank God for Uplula!

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
I have the .45 Shield ,but, have only had the opportunity to shoot it one time about 70 rounds if I remember correctly. Then I got e-coli poisoning in my blood and was down for about seven weeks and am just starting to get back on my feet again. I liked shooting it the day I did shoot I remember and I know I can't wait to get back to the range to shoot it some more. I want to drop an Apex trigger in my Glock 23 and bring them both to the range at the same time. The only thing I don't like about single stack guns and range time is you spend more time loading than you do shooting. Thank God for Uplula!
I watched a test on TV, I believe it was Trigger Time, with five compacts, Shield, g23, I think, Taurus 709 Slim, and two others, one being a 45. One of the evaluates was a real Glock fan and was bummed the Shield was overall winner, the Taurus did well also. I really like the wife's Shield and with grip extenders, the 709 comes pretty close.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts