Gunner Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched a two hour show last night about 9/11. Sort of a recap on the events and sequence of the day.

Everyone should watch such a thing every six months to recapture that feeling in your gut that we had that day. I know most here carry that feeling with them all the time, but even for the most resolute, it fades a bit. I want to feel the pang. I want everyone to feel the pang.

There is sobbing of the strong,
And a pall upon the land;
But the People in their weeping
Bare the iron hand;
Beware the People weeping
When they bare the iron hand.

(Herman Melville on the death of Abraham Lincoln.)

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Watching it is a good reminder, but I get angry and bummed out everytime I see something on it. :cry:

·
Registered
859 Posts
thats kinda like seein death on the tube movies that is portrayed.When it's an actual event that hasn't been filtered for media bias , it hits you like a ton of bricks. I, for one, will never forget that day. I will never forget Pearl Harbor survivors that live with the terror of that day. Our nation has been asleep a little too long.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
When it breaks loose, all that pent-up rage and fury will find expression....I hope there are many who'll step up and arm up and hunt down the scum and eradicate them.....we'll pay a higher toll next time for having our heads in the sand....please be ready....and warn all who will listen and help them be ready....it's coming like sunrise.....we just don't know when....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts