Gunner Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“I was watching the Big Oil execs testifying before Congress. That was my ?rst mistake... Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz knew the routine: ‘I can’t say that there is evidence that you are manipulating the price, but I believe that you probably are. So prove to me that you are not.’ Had I been in the hapless oil man’s expensive shoes, I’d have answered, ‘Hey, you ?rst. I can’t say that there is evidence that you’re sleeping with barnyard animals, but I believe that you probably are. So prove to me that you are not’.” —Mark Steyn

From yesterday's Patriot Post (http://patriotpost.us)

I think Congress is becoming The House of Morons.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Mike how generous of you to say "is becoming".

As the old saying goes...Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Watching Maxine Waters, who is known for her very brainy behavior, lecture a man running a multinational oil drilling and refining corporation for turning a profit AFTER $60 BILLION in taxes is at the same time very funny, and very sad.

Proof positive that nobody outside private industry understands it. After hundreds of billions in revenue, the 6 billion 'record' profit is then capital, to re-invest and add capacity.

·
Administrator
11,110 Posts
Johngoboom said:

As the old saying goes...Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason.
+1 to both points.

I thought the executives held their own by turning the tables about drilling in this country.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Johngoboom said:

John, you are correct. "Is becoming" way past tense. What was I thinking? They are already there. Your are right, politicians are like diapers.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
after eating PRUNES.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts