1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I gotta add something on the Mini-Shells for 12 ga.......

I got 'em...I love 'em...I had a Winch 1200 pump that was an old riot gun....fed slicker'n goose snot...soooooooooooo, I got a Winch 1300 pump....and the manuf. ads say it'll feed in that...and in some others (with modification).....they won't....and there's no "Modifying kit" that they talked about......

So, I have 180 rounds...part buck and part slugs....and nothing to shoot them in....but I'm searching for another old 1200 pump....they offered but I wouldn't send them back...good excuse to buy another shotgun...

Single shot or double----great round. Fed singly into the barrel...OK....won't always cycle an auto, though....heard they're developing a pump just for them...the thought of a 12-14 shot pump is appealing...it's a great idea but they kinda left us hanging on the "Modification" part.....
I haven't found the .22 shells yet but I'm lookin'...heard/read great things about them....

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...yeah, but you got a job...and the time to shoot 'em is when everyone's at work...and they've left them out...again....you get 5 extra points if you catch them in the squat....

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I wonder how quiet they really are? I'd have to shoot them from the bolt action. They won't cycle the 10/22.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Bountyhunter said:
I wonder how quiet they really are? I'd have to shoot them from the bolt action. They won't cycle the 10/22.
IIRC, didn't it say something about not shooting these from a rifle, as the projectile would lodge in the barrel.....I'm pretty sure it said to only shoot from a pistol, and that it would not cycle semi-autos.....

·
Registered
22,098 Posts

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I went back to the posted link.....look at the bottom Warning.....

After the great popularity achieved by our .22 Colibri, we decided to develop another cartridge, also without gun powder, providing it with a higher velocity. The .22 Super Colibri is a round for those wishing to have more power while still being able to discharge their firearms without bothering to wear ear protection.

The most relevant difference with the .22 Colibri is that this new round has almost 33% higher velocity!

It will not cycle the slide of semi automatics firearms.

WARNING: This cartridge is lethal at short and medium distances. All regular safety principles apply!

WARNING: These primer only loaded rounds must be fired only in handguns. When fired in long barreled firearms such as rifles, bullets may remain lodged inside the longer barrel. A subsequent firing of a regular .22 rimfire cartridge may result in injury or death to the user or other.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
There it is in black and white...I guess lawyers rule in Mexico, too.....lots of folks been doin' it, though....quien sabe?

read next post for CCI info...

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I bought the shorts (0026)...29 grain and $5.50 per hundred...they also make them in Long..don't know if they're more powerful...just pulled the bullet out of one...there's powder in it...poured off the powder and shot the primer only...no bullet...so quiet I can slam my coffee cup down louder....if the primer-only rounds are that quiet, I'd like to find some....but those, I'd shoot out of a revolver or pistol...can't see the primer only getting it down an 18-24" barrel......no way....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.