Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A non polluting vehicle that eliminates the reason to buy gasoline from off shore companies. How bad is that?

AMAZING AIR CAR!

The Compressed Air Car developed by Motor Development International (MDI) Founder Guy Negre might be the best thing to have happened to the motor engine in years.

The $12,700 CityCAT, one of the planned Air Car models, can hit 68 mph and has a range of 125 miles. It will take only a few minutes for the CityCAT to refuel at gas stations equipped with custom air compressor units. MDI says it should cost only around $2 to fill the car up with 340 liters of air!

The Air Car will be starting production relatively soon, thanks to India's TATA Motors. Forget corn! There's fuel, there's renewable fuel, and then there's user-renewable fuel! What can be better than air?

This six-seater taxi should be available in India this year -2008!

http://www.theaircar.com/acf/air-cars/air-cars.html

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I've been thinking about a methane version as I get older...a "one-seater", if you get my drift...you just plug yourself in and go-go-go, and THAT'S why we eat beans in our chili 'round here.....better mileage.....

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys would be all set but what about the gals? You know we don't do 'that'.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, yesterday I ate beans so I could keep the rabbits away from my garden...usually though......

·
Administrator
11,120 Posts
Seriously.
That may have some real potential. Purchase one of the compressors in your home and it would cover most commutes to and from work, shopping, etc.. Your only fuel costs would be the cost of running the compressor. I wonder what psi it operates at?

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you check out the site? Lots of info there.

·
Administrator
11,120 Posts
I looked right past it. thanks. I will later as I have to run.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
My Momma can clear a church social in 23 seconds...I came by it natural...don't tell ME ladies can't float the covers...I been married twice....

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I promise you, in America, if and when this car is developed, some left-wing, invironmentalist, tree-hugging, whale-saving, clump of crap will find something ecologically wrong about it, before they even have a chance to import any of them.....also, you don't really think the oil industry is going to just stand by and let this cut into their vast profits do you?.....

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Wizard I'm guessing the 2nd point will happen before the first...

If this car works, just wait for the oil companies to offer him a billon reasons to sell the patent.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Natalie said:
Well, yesterday I ate beans so I could keep the rabbits away from my garden...usually though......
So now eat a watermellon so you can bend over and shoot em with the seeds :lol:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Of course You all know, the oil companies will be given charge of inspecting Your personal compressor, & determining how many cubic feet of air it is capable of pumping, & installing "air meters" to calculate the the amount & cost of the air You use ! All this of course, with the government's blessing, & encouragement ! :roll:

Service stations around here already charge $.50 for three minutes now for using their slot machine compressors. I've already used a few of these pieces of crap, that while they were running, . . . actually left more air "out of" my tire ! :evil:

If this works though, compressed air will be $4.00 Per. Cubic foot !! :eek:
!

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
You called it Jim. The government would tax the hell out of air like they do everything else we use. :roll:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I'd probably be required to add so many "filters" that my mileage would drop...I give up...some idiot chased me down the alley yesterday with a surgical mask...wanted to tie it to my tail, for some strange reason......

I think the cleanest power is electrical...whether solar or line voltage...folks just don't want a low-speed car, though....even on Natalie's model...some guy'd be doubling the PSI and it'd go like a jet....I'm for Snuffy and Montanan's mode of travel...how long since your CAR's nuzzled your hand and laid its engine against your shoulder?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts