Gunner Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past year I've changed the way I shoot when at the range. I take more firearms of different calibers so I don't burn through the same caliber as fast. I don't shoot as many mags per sitting and download the mags too.
I've actually found this new strategy to be very satisfying and don't feel cheated out of having great range time. :cool:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I haven't shot at all for over a year. I usually took two .22 guns, with one as a backup. Sometimes a third, centerfire, to keep from getting un-used to handling them.

·
Super Moderator
4,325 Posts
Good to see you drop in. Sounds like a good plan to me. I haven’t been to the range in the past year. I definitely need to make time for it. I used to take my carry guns and at least two fun guns. I have enough .22 ammo that I could shoot a bunch of it. My 9 mm practice ammo stash can last a while but I had to limit my defensive shooting.
As always it is nice to hear from you.

·
Administrator
11,217 Posts
My shooting this year has been mostly back yard stuff just to zero or check zero. I haven't been to the gun club this year. It's not the price of ammo because I reload and have plenty of components just doing other stuff.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I try to get to the range every other weekend. I'm guilty of taking my favorite every time. That is the Henry steel .45 colt. I'm always working on different loads for that gun. Last weekend I took the newest addition, the Ruger Precision .22lr, the 10-22, the M77 MKII .243 and the Precision and actually had a great time.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Sounds like fun, except I would not like the cleaning afterward..... :( .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts