Gunner Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...mostly Gold Dot...some Golden Sabre...Blazer JHP if I can't get Gold Dot...

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Winchester Ranger 135 grain JHP .40 S&W.

For .45ACP I use 230 grain Hydro-shok from Federal.

For .38 special the FBI load from Federal or Winchester if the revolver will take lead bullets. 129 grain Hydro-shok if Jacketed is needed.

In .380 the 90 grain Federal Hydro-shok.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
I think highly of Gold Dot and would be happy to use them in any of the auto rounds if I ran out of Hydro-Shoks and resupplied with Gold Dots.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I'm carrying my G19 right now and it is full of 115 grain winchester STHP's. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
9mm, Winchester Silvertip or Gold Dots
45ACP, Black Hills or Gold Dots
44 Spl, Gold Dots

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
duty sig 226 40 cal.....gold dot 180 gr hp current issue in weapon....180 gr fmj in spare mags for penetration

back-up 38..........currently 135 gr gold dot (looking for nyclad 125) 158 gr fbi loads have just become too much for me and the airweight.

ruger p89.......any flavor of FMJ....i see no need to specialize for the end of the world as we know it .............

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
deputy125 said:
duty sig 226 40 cal.....gold dot 180 gr hp current issue in weapon....180 gr fmj in spare mags for penetration

back-up 38..........currently 135 gr gold dot (looking for nyclad 125) 158 gr fbi loads have just become too much for me and the airweight.

ruger p89.......any flavor of FMJ....i see no need to specialize for the end of the world as we know it .............
...I agree...whatever is "donated"...by whoever... ;) for the Ruger...

·
Site Admin
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sheepdog said:
deputy125 said:

...I agree...whatever is "donated"...by whoever... ;) for the Ruger...
What Ruger do you have?

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
sheepdog said:
...talking 'bout his P89...mine's a .45, of course... :roll:
:lol:

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
sheepdog said:
what are you going to do when ruger gets around to building an sr45 or 45c?

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
deputy125 said:
sheepdog said:
what are you going to do when ruger gets around to building an sr45 or 45c?

...nuttin', Honey!!! I'm in the used market only...P90D, P97D, P95D,P89D...have no use for anything Ruger builds smaller...or new...in the SA realm...they might possibly come up with a revolver I'd like in .22...and I'd like an SP...used only...no new ones...

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Gold Dots for city guns, 45acp, 40S&W and on a rare ocasion, 9mm. Garrett or Buffalo Bore for the counthy guns, 44mag and 45lc. Winchester silver tips in my 357.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
What are you using? Do you carry? Type of gun? Caliber? Fill us in. We need details!

·
Site Admin
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have my concealed license for WA state, only have it because when I was stationed at Fort Lewis, one of my good friends was going in to get his and I tagged along, but I never carry my pistol, it usually stays at home. I have a Ruger KP90, only thing I’ve added is a Hogue grip, just uses the standard .45

1 - 20 of 33 Posts