Gunner Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just out of curiosity, I checked out online ammo stores today since I've never bought ammo that way. I looked for Aquila .32 ACP that I use in my NAA Guardians. It is, normally, my choice because it is, normally, available at several places locally. Shoots fine, so why not ?

What I have cost me $18 a box. I bought the last box sometime just before Biden stole the election. Online today, it is anywhere from $34 to $99. Yep, ninety-nine dollars. Fifty rounds, $2 per round. Of course none of the dealers had it in stock. Thirty-four is bad enough, 68 cents a round. I'm glad I have a good supply.

Okay, their raw materials went up? Shipping to distributors went up? There was a full moon in February? I can't figure much justification for pricing being up 100% to 500%. Besides greed. I didn't think ammo dealers were liberal Democrats.......:poop:

I would imagine that other handgun calibers are being gouged about the same.

Sportsman's Warehouse has had to move what little ammo they have behind the counter. To get around a two box limit, people were stashing it all over the store, so they could buy two, and be sure to get another two an hour or so later. And, they've had more than a few trying to shoplift ammo.

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
Most of the on-line gougers that say they have it in stock are scammers. I would be very wary of anyone on the web unless they are a major retailer. I'm hearing it will take a year or so to clear out the backlog. Meanwhile I just make my own with what I have in stock. Primers are going for outrageous prices as well so glad I bought 5k a few years ago and still have plenty left of small pistol primers.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
I don't think it's gonna take 3yrs, but I didn't think it was going to take this long.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I believe that supplies are increasing, however wait until our favorite Uncle Baked Potato Head imposes taxes aka unconstitutional infring'n on ammo.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I'm seeing ammo prices coming down on gunbroker. 45ACP were bringing 1.25 per round. I saw 1000 rounds of FMJ for .60 today. I'm a buyer at .45. Wish me luck.

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
So Ridge .45 for the .45's will do it. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts