Gunner Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an archery range for 6 years but I have been tired of lugging a lot of my AR-500 steel targets.

I have a Texas Star and Dueling Tree which are quite heavy and cumbersome for lifting in and out of the car.

I checked with local laws and I have a bit of land so I set up my own range.

I have a Last Stands Target stand that has several sized AR-500 plates. The dueling tree which can be transported since it’s not too heavy (55 lbs). The Texas Star which would not be fun lugging to the range and calling for a cold range every other minute. I have a few other target systems such as Arntzen targets but I’m debating just bring those to the range versus keeping them outside.

Anyone else have their own range? I was inspired by Hickok45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
That sounds nice. Not legal here, in a city. My house lot is only 125 by 60 feet, anyway.

I have to drive 40 minutes to a Forest Service range that has nine covered stations. One reason I only shoot once a month in decent weather.....:(

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have the Range, just not the Hardware yet, lol.

I did buy a Self Re-Setting Target though, but haven't set it up yet.

Also have some Paper Targets, but need to set up a board.

For now, I've been just drawing circles around some corrugated cardboard and sticking them in the brush pile, lol.

I too watch Hickok 45 and just dream of what could be.

Your set up is looking good.

You do the same thing I do. I shoot downhill into a hollow.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I just received my Rimfire dueling tree. Man that is some serious fun.

I don’t leave the Texas Star paddles outside. It’s useless without them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Amazing set up, CDRGlock. I'd love to have something like this at home. It's simply impossible for me, sadly. I really like some of those targets btw. Good stuff.

·
Registered
11,080 Posts
Same here TGR, sure miss my Ellensburg ranch. Hind sight being 20/20, sure wish I would have rebuilt after the fire!

·
Registered
436 Posts
A friend of mine used to shoot into one of those stop boxes in his basement. One day he missed the box and it shot through the back door.

·
Super Moderator
10,780 Posts
A friend of mine used to shoot into one of those stop boxes in his basement. One day he missed the box and it shot through the back door.
OOPS :D.

When I first moved here 30 years ago, I set up a 100 yard sight in range and a 25 yard handgun range. Homes have sprung up near enough that I had to abandon them. I am a member of a club that is probably 2 road miles away.

·
Registered
11,080 Posts
My home when originally built in 1928 had a coal bin in the basement. It now has Central Air. So I, on a few occasions shoot my .22 in that room. The coal chute is still in tact, so I have fresh air ventilation.
I learned to shoot in my Grandpa's basement coal bin! Still have the Benjamin pellet pistol we used.

·
Super Moderator
10,780 Posts
Is that filled with sand?? Looks like a great set up, Ridge.

One of my wife's great uncles had a rifle range with 100, 200 and then had a hubcap hanging in a tree at 1/2 mile on a mountainside.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
It is filled with sand and lead...haha
It's about time for some repairs don't ya think.
A hubcap 1/2 mile out sounds like fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts