Gunner Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Just kidding.

So I just read about this gun that Ruger is making for the Federal Bureau of Prisons based on the KP95. Double action only, stainless slide and polymer composite frame with rail. Are any of those features not regular KP95 features? I'm just curious what, if anything, is unique about these prison guns. And do you think there's any way a regular person could get one? Again, just curious, I'm not in the market but it sounds interesting.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
i've seen DAO 95's before without the rail. I imagine ruger will do up large special orders for anyone if the order is big enough------if there are some over-runs in production--then perhaps a few might trickle out.............think that was the case during the Salt Lake Olympics with security over-runs...........

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I've had a DAO KP97....I'd like another.....but I'd be happy to find another DC.....don't think I'd want a 95 DAO...

·
Registered
739 Posts
I think Double Action Only in a Semi-Automatic is a little strange. (I know for a fact that Cast&Blast likes a DAO revolver.) The de-cocker mechanism is a Must-Have for a semi without a safety, I think. I actually wish my 345 were a de-cocker instead of a safety model. I have a P95DC15R or whatever (a de-cocker with a rail) somewhere in the safe. It hasn’t been shot much and I never use the gun but the DC is a great feature I think. Of course I don’t use the 345 either LOL.
And yes, I do like Rugers.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
And me do, too....the latest P95s had rails but not DAO-I liked the P97DAO I had, but I'd stick with the decocker now...have 3 and want 3 more....having all the same action helps....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts