Gunner Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, All,
I just bought, (and overpaid for) a Taurus 809 from Acedemy Sports, $300. plus tax & NICS), does anyone else on the Forum own one of these? Haven't had time to really break it in yet, and was wondering how others rate them. The trigger on mine is very gritty, and I would figure runs around 6 lbs. pull. Accuracy at 25 yards isn't bad with factory ammo, and my handloads seem to do a little better than factory stuff.
After I bought this from Academy, I saw an ad in the 'Net from "Shoot Straight" here in Florida, for $229., (sound of me kicking myself--), and then had them at the last Orlando Gun show for the same price.
I own 3 other Tarurus', (two revolvers and their version of the 1911 .45 ACP) and so far have no gripes about them. I do know their Warranty and Customer Svc. leaves a lot to be desired, a good shooting bud, (who sadly is no longer with us), bought a Taurus .22 Magnum revolver, and had so many problems with it, he returned it for service 3 times, and they never did get it right.
Would be interested in other's feedback on the 809!
Thanks,
Fred (Honcho)

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Sorry, I've never owned a Taurus. Read so much negative, I was afaid to. Some do turn out to be gems, and hope yours is since you paid a premium. I did fondle a nice one once a couple of years ago, a 4 inch .22 revolver from the early Eighties. I couldn't find a thing wrong with it, but didn't buy it.

·
Registered
11,139 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
44s Rock, I much appreciate the feedback on the Taurus 809, and don't feel so bad now about overpaying for it! Of the 4 Taurus' I own, I can't say as I have any complaints about any of them, and they have given me good service!
Of the .5-38 Spl./.357 Mags I own, my Taurus T/H with 12" (Buntline) barrel is by far the most accurate, and I am able to put 10 rounds of my handloads into a 4" bull, with most of those in the "X" ring, at 25 yards, from a rest-- not too shabby for an 80 year old guy with poor eyesight! The way I tell it, that Taurus makes me look good!
Thanks again,
Fred (Honcho)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts