Gunner Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this link to remington http://www.remington.com/library/press/ ... 2008-5.asp

short version.......remington took the grand old stragedy of if you can't beat your competition, buy them out. While a lot of folks may not think much of h&r/nef single shots, i just love the nostalgia and the inexpensive guns that work well. Lord help us if the rest of the world turns against us and won't import, or worse yet we get another executive order from a lame president that bans imports from some of these countries that are producing firearms for mport here.

With all of these American companies disappearing, the domestic competition as far as price is going south. Unfortunately the quality seems to have disappeared 1st.

Remington is importing foreign guns under the "spartan" banner
smith & wesson is importing shotguns from turkey.
H&r repeaters were from china(though the single shots were still american made)
Marlin shotguns i think are from itlay or spain.
Springfield armory 1911's are from brazil, xd's from croatia

i hope h&r remains in USA production. But i doubt it. only a matter of time i'm afraid.........

This "new world order" should be called the new world "Odor"----it stinks. This global economy will be the death of us yet.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
It's sad, but most things made here are very expensive or suck, or both. Imports just suck. :(

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
My very first gun of my own was a H and R .410. It would be a shame not to be able to buy these quality, affordable, USA made guns anymore.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I have no complaints about any NEF guns i have owned.....i really hope they stick around.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I thought Marlin bought NEF and H&R....boy, am I behind on the news...had no clue Marlin was affiliated with Remington........Marlin's rifle quality's in a nosedive...wonder if they're still American????

·
Registered
977 Posts
sheepdog said:
I thought Marlin bought NEF and H&R....boy, am I behind on the news...had no clue Marlin was affiliated with Remington........Marlin's rifle quality's in a nosedive...wonder if they're still American????
Remington just recently purchased Marlin......wonder if we can call them a marlington?

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, this could get interestin'.

Guess i had better buy another old h&r. I just ain't impressed with the imported low-end single shots.

Hate to see American workers put out of work by Remington by the closing of the Mass.plant.

And if marlin goes overseas, :shock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts