·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's broken. :( I'll remove it. Sorry guys :oops:

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Got your PM Natalie. We'll leave the thread. I'm sure someone will want to turn it into a food thread. :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Trade you two apple pies for one blueberry...or cherry....don't like apples......

·
Registered
892 Posts
When I was a kid, (a couple years ago) I used to go with My Grandmother every year to do what they called "orchard cleanup" at a couple local orchards. Everything in leftovers & drops were fair game, at about 1/4 the going price. She would then start on a canning & baking spree that lasted for days. Apple pie filling, apple sauce, apple jelly, apple butter, apple schnitz, fried pies, apple dumplings, baked apples etc. My Grandparents were a farming family, & that's just what Grandma's did back then. Brings back some warm memories !! :D
(when She passed away, someone decided to sell the copper kettles, & all the equipment, I was really pi$$ed !!) :x

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
A couple of years ago, I developed a cranberry pie that'll just knock your socks off. It has become one of my favorites.....

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wizard said:
A couple of years ago, I developed a cranberry pie that'll just knock your socks off. It has become one of my favorites.....
Hey Wiz, would you share the recipe with us?

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Here ya go, Natalie.....

Carl’s Cranberry and Walnut Pie

1 pie crust (for double crust 9-inch pie)
12 ounces cranberries, fresh or frozen
1 cup apple juice
1 cup walnuts
3 cup sugar
1 T balsamic vinegar
¼ t Vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1 T water
1 t corn starch

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

FILLING

Roll out the bottom crust and arrange in a 9-inch pie pan.
Bring cranberries, apple juice, sugar to a boil, reduce heat and
Simmers for 4 minutes. Add balsamic vinegar, orange peel, walnuts.
Combine water and corn starch for slurry, and add to cranberry mixture.
Simmer for 1 – 2 minutes, until filling thickens.

Pour filling into pie shell. Cover with top pie crust. Place 4 slits in top crust. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool completely, approximately 2 hours. If desired, serve with whipped cream. Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.

Note: For diabetic use make the following changes:

½ cup apple juice
½ cup water
2 ½ cups Splenda

Tastes the same as sugar version.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks a bunch Wiz. You and I can still have a piece of the diabetic version right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts