Gunner Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My awesome wife got me an awesome birthday present and I just got it! Details and pics later, we're off to dinner.

But I'll give you a hint. Oh, I'll just go ahead and tell you: It's a Marlin .22 lever!

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Marlin 39A---tell her my burfday's next week!!!!! That's a RIFLE....we both know you ain't been that good....but you can shoot feelin' guilty!!! Hang it on the wall and send us the pics ...couldn't have happened but to one better.....ME.....

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

I think I'm going to get a scope for it. (I know, I know, but I can't SEE!)

So any suggestions? It comes with a little adapter thingy so it's scope friendly (and that offset hammer thing too). I'll want to shoot indoor 50 yards if that helps.

I've never owned a scope before, so any advice greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
great gift :!: :!: :!: :!:

only problem i see is now ya might start missin' that single-six ;)

i'd give the irons a good trying out before scopin'

If all you are gonna do is mess around and have fun, then i'd say get a bushnell 4x and have a ball.

If ya want to get serious on small tiny groups, check into the bsa "contender" scopes such as 4x16 and such with the adjustable objective to control the paralax close or far. http://www.bsaoptics.com/family.aspx?family=4

they might look a bit large and out of place on your lever, but it'l work.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
That looks gorgeous Eddie, congratulations! It won't hurt your wallet either with .22LR ammo being so much cheaper than centerfire fodder as well. Happy Birthday guy! :D

·
Registered
977 Posts
nice, you'll love it.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice Trifecta!

I have six slots in this gun cabinet. These three, my Model 12 and my Remington 870 20 ga. (that's more my wife's since I got my M12).

So there's nothing more unsightly than one empty slot in a gun cabinet, am I right???

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm sure I'll think of something! :D There's a gun show here in June...

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Great looking Marlin. If your wife "took" the 870 20ga, then you need a 870 12ga to replace it with....would fill up that empty slot quite nicely..... :lol:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wizard said:
Great looking Marlin. If your wife "took" the 870 20ga, then you need a 870 12ga to replace it with....would fill up that empty slot quite nicely..... :lol:
Wizard I like where your head's at. But now that you mention it, maybe a 12 gauge Model 12 to sit next to my 16 ga. would look good too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts