Gunner Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay Terry, we're a little worried about you. Hope everyone's okay.
Reports of up to 16 inches in places. :(

Snow Plant Light Sky Nature

·
Administrator
11,732 Posts
We got home yesterday and then went crazy trying to unload and getting things back to normal. We went from 92 in Georgia to snowing in PA. The roads were not bad just the traffic was heavy and slow all the way. Usually the worse day heading north is from PA to NH as we go thru NY, CT, MA and into NH. Actually this time the traffic was the lightest although two nut bags did almost run into me. My theory is all the snowbirds heading north got off in NJ and NY. The truck traffic was really heavy the entire trip.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you're home sweet home. The forecasts made it sound like you could have been headed into a bigger mess than you got. You don't hear about the cargo ships anymore, but I guess they're still backed up and more is on trucks.
You know that you were one of the snowbirds heading north......... :)

·
Administrator
11,732 Posts
Yea but I have different political opinions. :p

Now that we are back, I am going to kick Dish to the curb as they PO'ed me last year when my 2 year deal ended and they jacked my price from $100 to $150 a month. No premium channels. We had one month to go so I ate the price for 1 month and then paused the account for the winter. I had enough credit so my only bill was for $3 last month. I will stream FUBO as that is sports oriented (has my Red Sox) but has all the channels we need and can be cancelled anytime. I ordered a firestick for the big TV in the family room to get to the web and have a smart TV in the bedroom that I already downloaded the FUBO App. Our internet speed in NH is 1 gig so we can stream multiple. The FUBO package is $69 a month and we also have Amazon Prime and Netflix so there is plenty to keep us occupied in the evening. The Firestick is scheduled to be here today so once I install I will sign up for FUBO and call dish once I verify it all works. Then I will have an excuse to get a bigger smart TV for the family room. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got that free Samsung streaming deal, but only use a few of the, IIRC, 150 channels. The rest seem to just own a shoebox of DVDs and play them over and over. Some channels are odd, like nothing but That Girl. I think there is a Gilligan's Island channel. Half the time I'm watching the broadcast stuff.
My last pay TV was DirecTV. Their dish is still on the house. Was better than Dish had been, but not much. Kept changing choices and prices. We got tired of being stuck with big packages to get the dozen or so we wanted. Especially paying for Hispanic and infomercial channels. :mad:
I'd like it if you got various numbers of channels for set prices and you pick which ones. Something like $40 for 30 channels with one premium, all my pick.

·
Administrator
11,732 Posts
I got the firestick yesterday so I signed up for FUBO. I get 1000 hours of recording to the cloud with it so I'm watch the Red Sox game from last night vs. the Rays. So far FUBO seems to work just fine and if it keeps working fine then Monday I'll call Dish and get some shipping boxes to return their stuff. The All in price is $78. I'll see how much they start nickel and diming me down the road.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish you luck with it. My rabbit ear and free Samsung stuff gets me by good enough. I'll leave the dish on the house, whoever lives here after me might want it. IIRC, DirecTV and Dish both use the same dish, just different logo painted on.

Change of topic, you're a former GM guy. Do they really have two employee parking lots, one for GM cars and one for everything else? It was part of an article about odd rules at various companies.
Like if you work for Rolls-Royce, you can't wear cologne or deodorant. It might "contaminate" the smell of the upholstery and upset a customer. They do supply a special deodorant for employees that has no scent. o_O

·
Administrator
11,732 Posts
No. We had a garage for the executives that drove company owned vehicles (after 3,000 miles they would be sold to the employees below dealer cost) and a lot on each side of the plant for the rest of us peons. We had hourly guys that would come in with a brand new Lincoln. With the discount we would put our names on the company cars and essentially get a new car at a huge discount. The key was who was driving it. If they knew you and knew you were buying they would QC everything so the car was perfect when you got it. It was a great benefit.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds nice. So you had other peons driving Lincolns, ha ha. I'd have been driving a Toyota. At one point rebadged Corollas were sold as Geo Prizms, but I don't think GM has any arrangement with them now.

·
Administrator
11,732 Posts
Only the hourly had enough moxie to come in with a new Lincoln plus the discount made it unlikely a salaried employee would buy anything new but a GM vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts