Gunner Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
So no one will be safe any longer because of the eternal bottom line. It's all about money - always has been. My dad always said that money is the root of all evil and I believe that.

I can't imagine how Bob Pack will feel having that drunk driver released after burying his 2 daughters because of that crime.

The further we stray from God's ways the more evil this world becomes. Those living according to His laws do not seem to find themselves incarcerated. They are filled with a peace that money can't buy.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like Deadeye was saying, principle-based laws work best...Christ made that point several times.....with principle-based rules, there are no loopholes...you either did the right thing or not....if you goofed honestly...there's mercy...which is different from wiggling out on a technicality....but we'd sure have some skinny lawyers...you could get three lawyers in the same elevator....(and not be tempted to sever the cable)....we were kinda raised by principles...I'd try a loophole/excuse on Mom and she'd tell ME the principle....motive was the bottom line and she didn't miss often...when she whaled me and I was innocent...she'd tell me that was for the times I got away with something....I stayed WAY ahead on the score... :twisted:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Also Sheepdog, to find a guilty party the Romans used to ask "Who profited from this". We could sure clean house with that one! :twisted:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Talking about digging deep....I like that one.....more the more I think about it!!!

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I say get rid of prisons all together. I think it's been proven that they don't work. Time to punish the guilty. It worked for the Romans.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
I'm with you Sheepdog. We could go back to the Roman times but i don't understand Latin though.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At least criminals were the ones living in fear....those Romans weren't molly-coddlers....

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
Am I the only one that see's this problem and illegal immigration as the same issue?

I do like the one about releasing the terminally ill. Let them die on their own nickel. As a retired "beancounter" I can appreciate that one.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I'm also of the opinion that leathal injection is too good for them & way too expensive! Rope is a lot cheaper! :twisted:

And whats wrong with working these prisoners anyway? The Prisons used to be self supporting. I say work their asses untill they are too tired to join gangs & file law suits on our $.

"What we have here, is failure to communicate!"

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I agree Deadeye. They should be working. Slave labor my @zz! They go to prison they work for there own damn cable! :evil:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
There's a sheriff out west somewhere that treats his prisoners like prisoners and does not molly coddle them at all. For some reason Arizona sounds right. If I run across the article I'll post it.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Yeah, that's the one. I see eye-to-eye with him. How come he gets the picture while everyone else is DUH?

·
Super Moderator
10,941 Posts
Natalie said:
There's a sheriff out west somewhere that treats his prisoners like prisoners and does not molly coddle them at all. For some reason Arizona sounds right. If I run across the article I'll post it.
Makes them wear pink jumpsuits. :eek: Actually says statistics show they are less likely to offend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts