Gunner Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Do you want it locked up near the bed all the time? Kids around? I just keep my SP in a nightstand drawer at night.
Worst problem, for me, would be bolting a safe down. I wouldn't want to make holes in furniture or the floor.
Only thing I've got I could use is a flat GunVault that cables around something, which is not super secure. There are several brands of that type, with different kinds of access. I keep it under the right seat of my car for places I can't carry, like my job was.
For those quick access safes, I'd like the ones that have four buttons you push in certain order. I can't believe the ones that claim to read fingerprints. One time a LGS clerk showed how to program one. It then worked for me, and three of the other five people in the store. On more than one finger.....o_O

·
Registered
11,305 Posts

·
Administrator
11,351 Posts
I'm not big on something that takes batteries. Keep it mechanical and simple.

Now let's talk about the Glock. Come on man. ;)

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
You notice that all the electronic safes have a key backup. So you essentially have a key safe which is easy to defeat.

Reactions: SmittyJ

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
JMHO, the electronics are good against kids or a POed wife, but not serious burglars.

Reactions: SmittyJ

·
Administrator
11,351 Posts
Truthfully given enough time there aren't many safes a burglar can't get into. There are you tube video's showing them opening big safes with a digging bar.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Locks only work to stop honest people.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts