Gunner Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a PITA several times now from a company called Cloudflare. Apparently they are the security for our new format, and they deny my access for several hours at a time for no reason. They may have a technical glitch I wish they'd fix.......:poop:.....:mad:

I click on Gunner (or ruger) in my favorites, and get this :

Error 1020

Ray ID: 65ffa4949bdc5c2f • 2021-06-15 23:40:20 UTC

Access denied

What happened?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 65ffa4949bdc5c2f • Your IP: **• Performance & security by Cloudflare

Is anybody else getting this ???

·
Super Moderator
4,295 Posts
Never seen that. You must be a notorious threat to the safety of the community.:oops: Hmmm I wonder if they are listening in on us here? Maybe I should deny that I know you.:cool: They’ll never make me talk.:censored:
Seriously I hope it gets fixed for you.

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
I looked on the Admin panel and didn't see anything on RFN that should cause an issue. The answer for everything is clear you cache. What browser are you running?

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm using Edge with W7. Works fine most of time, just the Cloudflare hiccups last a couple of hours, then good again. It's happened 3 times so far.

Just saw this morning that several people on the NAA forum had trouble accessing a contest on the the Gallery Of Guns website. You guessed it, Cloudflare was blocking them, but it cleared up later.

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
The 1020 error means:

While visiting a site protected by Cloudflare, error 1020 “Access denied (Error: 1020)” indicates you’ve violated a Firewall Rule. When this happens, you’ll see the error “Access Denied (Error: 1020)” and your request was blocked by the filter based Firewall rule on the site. If you’re the site owner, you can find the requests that was blocked by the Firewall on the Firewall page under the Events menu.
I will escalate this to our Admin Philip.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That would hopefully end the irritation. When it happens, I haven't done anything differently. I just click on GF in my Favorites list. And, I never log out.

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
Got an answer from one of the admins:

Hi Terry,

For this issue I would recommend checking their browser settings to make sure cookies are allowed for the site. Another option would be to clear cache and cookies to see if it resolves the problem.

-Carlee

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
I started getting "The site can't be reached" on my phone about midway through our trip but have not tried to set it back up since returning.

·
Administrator
10,959 Posts
They have been doing periodic updates to the software across the board for their sites so you could get the "sorry we down".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts