Gunner Forum banner

Big Bertha 50 BMG

8K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  tx gun runner 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently ordered a Big Bertha 50 BMG from East Ridge Gun Company formally State Arms. Everything, except the barrel is made here in Wisconsin. The barrel is a match grade Bull Barrel made by Walther in Germany.

The owner Larry is a great guy and very friendly. He makes all his rifles in house and to order.

I won't be getting it until March or April of 2015, because each rifle is made to order and customized to the shooter.

I can't wait to get the rifle.

View attachment 1759

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Thank you guys. I found a range near Madison that is a 1000 yard range.

#7 ·
It really is a cannon, his prices are great. The quality is great too.
RetiredSeabee, I will definitely post results after I get it.

#9 ·
I have never been tempted but one of the young owners of the reloading, gun store we frequented in Castro Valley, CA was into .50 BMG rifles. He really enjoyed them. This was in the 1980s so there were probably less options available. I don't remember what rifles he had.

Let's just hope that NCG doesn't decide she needs a Contender handgun barrel in .50 BMG caliber. ;)

#11 ·
Congratulations! I'd sure like to put a few rounds through it. You'd think that 41 pounds would tame a lot of the recoil.
Have you picked your scope out yet?

#13 ·
My father was in the Pacific in WW2 and drove amphibious tanks. At one point they wanted to stop the Japanese from using a trail or road so they set up a .50 on a tripod over some hills about 2 miles away. They used a spotter on the hilltop and sighted it in to drop down on the road. They locked up the mount and cut ten round sections of belt. When the spotter signaled they would fire off a burst. It was quite effective as the rounds dropped down into the ditches alongside the road that the soldiers dove into and there was no warning. I don't think they hit that much but it was effective in stopping them from using it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.