Gunner Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Maria Met José or How "Mario" Met "Diana": Bizarre Transsexual Wedding in Mexico
By Peter J. Smith

MEXICO CITY, May 27, 2008 - Homosexual activists in Mexico are celebrating the latest bizarre rendition of homosexual "marriage" in Mexico - this time between a transsexual man and a transsexual woman! Homosexual activists are calling it a triumph for their agenda, while the government says they just performed a heterosexual marriage - albeit an odd one - in the latest blow for traditional marriage in the predominantly Catholic nation.

"Mario" del Socorro and "Diana" Guerrero were "married" in a civil ceremony at a Mexico City community center by Judge Gustavo Lugo on May 17 - International Day of Action Against Homophobia. Although homosexual civil unions were legalized in Mexico City and the northern state of Coahuila, "Mario" formerly María del Socorro and "Diana" formerly José Guerrero, decided that they would go for marriage since they technically could - even though both had the sex-changes for homosexual purposes..

However, Judge Lugo officiated the ceremony on the condition that "Mario" was María the bride, and "Diana" was José the groom, since as far as the law of Mexico was concerned he was still marrying a man and a woman, and not performing a same-sex "marriage." "I am not altering my functions; everything is in accordance with the civil code," he said.

Although Mexico's law recognizes both Mario (the erstwhile María) and Diana (the erstwhile José) as having taken up the obligations of traditional marriage - Mexico's first transsexual homosexuals to do so - it begs the question of what Mexico believes these obligations are. Instead it would seem to indicate that the chief good of marriage is economic benefits for sexual partners, and not the generation and raising children by a father and a mother united in marriage.

The Catholic Church refused to perform a wedding ceremony for the couple and saw marriage as out of the question since transsexualism is an offence against the dignity of the body and human sexuality, no transmission of life is physically possible because of genital mutilation, and the couple were using marriage as a political stunt to advance the homosexual agenda.

"Getting married with our original names is a way to show society the incongruity that exists between our minds and our bodies," said "Diana" or José.

"Mario" took time on the occasion to protest what he described as unfair business practices toward those whose newfound identity does not match their legal identification.

"When you are applying for a job and your documents don't coincide with what you look like, you just don't get hired. It's that simple," said Mario according to Reuters.

Mario accurately described the discrimination faced by millions not just in Mexico, but around the world. Most employers worldwide fail to hire applicants who bear little resemblance to their documents in age, sex, and appearance. Law enforcement agencies also punish severely those who possess identification that does not identify them. The most frequent offenders are identity-thieves, con artists, and under-age youths and adults trying to buy alcohol and cigarettes.

However, a proposed bill called the "Gender Equity Initiative" in Mexico City's legislative assembly may change all that. The initiative would permit transgender and transsexual persons to modify their legal identity, which would obscure their real sex recorded on their birth certificate. The proposed law, which may be attractive to criminals seeking to hide their identities from law enforcement, likely will face a vote in Mexico's Congress sometime this week. The law would also oblige public hospitals in the Federal District including Mexico City to perform sex-change surgeries with taxpayer money.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
sorta glad I am chewin now I can spit.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Just another media circus, and the more exposure---as far as they are concerned---the better.

Strikes me as nothing but a stunt.........

·
Registered
977 Posts
civilization as we know it going down the crapper.

·
Super Moderator
10,900 Posts
velvalco said:
civilization as we know it going down the crapper.
Look at all the great civilizations and toward the end they had a great amount of homosexuality. Who knows the Muslims are the barbarians of the Romans? Lock and load.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Terry, I so agree with you and Velvaco.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts