Gunner Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cell phone numbers going public……….REMINDER....all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies tomorrow and you will start to receive sale calls. ....YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS. To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I don't think that's true. This was going around once before and then it was discovered that it was false. :|

·
Administrator
11,119 Posts
I blocked our numbers a year or two ago (time flies when your having fun). Has anyone else noticed that even though you have your number blocked companies are ignoring it? We tell them we are on the do not call list and they say "We don't bother to check it". I have actually filed complaints against companies but never heard anything from them.

With the NH primary early this year we were in Texas and when we got home there were 68 messages on our answering machine and only two weren't automated political ads. They shouldn't get a pass on the do not call but when you make the laws to quote the great Mel brooks "It is good to be King".

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not fake BH. I just called and registered my cell phone & house phone.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Natalie- sorry - the cell phone # release is not true. It has been going around for at least two years. Now the do not call list info is correct, and I have my home # listed there. It has reduced the # of calls.
See this for more info:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but, but, but, but . . . okay if you say so

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
I've seen this posted three times in the last year...5 or 6 in the last 3 years...and I only get calls from those I've done business with...some folks just like to cry "Wolf" and start stuff...kinda like callin' your neighbor and tellin' him someone's outside his house...or callin' the fire dept...and then watch all the hoopla....the Internet can do very good or very evil...depending on who's at the keyboard...don't get discouraged...

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Big smile :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts