Gunner Forum banner

Browning X-bolt maple octagon

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bearcatter 
#1 ·
wondering if you all thought a browning X-bolt white gold medallion in maple with octagon barrel is a solid investment. You can only get them from Ahern group; which only distributes ton4 states around Texas.. I'm looking at a 308 and they said this tun only 108 where made.. any input is good input

#2 ·
I don't view guns as investments as I prefer stocks and bonds. If you bought a gun in 1965 for $400 it would need to be worth $3,160.56 just to keep up with inflation meaning no increase in actual value of the $400 initial investment.

Now if you want the gun then I would never discourage anyone from buying a new gun (unless it was a Glock ;) )

#3 ·
I don't view guns as investments as I prefer stocks and bonds. If you bought a gun in 1965 for $ 400 it would need to be worth $ 3,160.56 just to keep up with inflation meaning no increase in actual value of the $ 400 initial investment.

Now if you want the gun then I would never discourage anyone from buying a new gun (unless it was a Glock ;) )
+1 If you love the gun, buy it but don't plan on getting rich from it.

Reactions: Danwin22
#5 · (Edited)
Now if you want the gun then I would never discourage anyone from buying a new gun (unless it was a Glock ;) )[/QUOTE]

Glock is a terrible gun . The last 10 glocks I owned . Not one of them ever jam or miss fire and shoot anything I put in them . So never buy one . All targets shot at 25 yds not the 10 yds some people post .

Attachments

#7 ·
Ditto here, though I have handled a Glock or two. Local LE uses the 19, IIRC, but State Police uses Sig 320.

I've been surprised that TGR isn't more of a Luddite.....:-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.