Gunner Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new here and just tried to post and it won’t let me so I’ll try here
Got scammed and bought chapparal with bulged barrel. 1876 in 45-60. Does anyone know of a source for barrels of ir a uberti 1876 will fit.
Not a computer person so I’m not sure I’ll get an answer but if somebody could help I’d be mighty grateful

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd start with the importer and go from there. That should give you a basic idea of cost. An address shoiuld be on the gun for factory manual. Hope it works out OK for you.

·
Administrator
11,059 Posts
He posted that in 2019 and hasn't been here since Dec 2019 so like the woman used to say when I called a small business looking for the owner to pay his bills "He no here."

·
Premium Member
Tactical Prius
47 Posts
I’m new here and just tried to post and it won’t let me so I’ll try here
Got scammed and bought chapparal with bulged barrel. 1876 in 45-60. Does anyone know of a source for barrels of ir a uberti 1876 will fit.
Not a computer person so I’m not sure I’ll get an answer but if somebody could help I’d be mighty grateful
45-60? I'd be concerned why the barrel was bulged. Sell it for parts and be honest of what you have with no liability/as is. A gunsmith would be my way to go.
Just my opinion.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did Bubba strike again: Those rifles are expensive with a price of $1700.00 . Personally, I'd never tell anybody to tear a rifle like that down until the maker or warranty station makes that judgement. to me, that's some serious money.

My concern would be that the toggle link action or receiver was damaged. I think you will find that 45-60 was a standard round in that rifle. There is something screwed up about OP's situation. Ammo made from 45-70 cases runs $60.00-70.00 s a box of twenty. Bubba may have thrown together some "reloads" that did that rifle in.

·
Premium Member
Tactical Prius
47 Posts
Did Bubba strike again: Those rifles are expensive with a price of $1700.00 . Personally, I'd never tell anybody to tear a rifle like that down until the maker or warranty station makes that judgement. to me, that's some serious money.

My concern would be that the toggle link action or receiver was damaged. I think you will find that 45-60 was a standard round in that rifle. There is something screwed up about OP's situation. Ammo made from 45-70 cases runs $60.00-70.00 s a box of twenty. Bubba may have thrown together some "reloads" that did that rifle in.
I'm a reloader and pressures are mostly to blame in a bulge. But a picture of were the bulge is might be nice to see. First thing I think of is squib and even then, a squib with a follow up shot that didn't explode the barrel altogether. Smart people here and you provide some good pictures, they'll have a good idea of what's up.
I don't think I'd even attempt to replace the barrel. (That's just me) I'd find out the cause and if it's under warranty. To me, and I'm not that bright, I'd do several things first before I even considered spending money on a fake or put your life at risk.
That's just me. Listen to the other folks here and follow the advice given. Please keep us updated. Pics too please. I love figuring things out or learning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
. That rifle is an expensive replica. The maker and importer of that rifle have an excellent reputation. We are not talking about some POS from no place. I'm doing my best to sign out of this forum forever. I keep getting your unwanted notifications. I'm here trying yet again to get gone.

·
Premium Member
Tactical Prius
47 Posts
. That rifle is an expensive replica. The maker and importer of that rifle have an excellent reputation. We are not talking about some POS from no place. I'm doing my best to sign out of this forum forever. I keep getting your unwanted notifications. I'm here trying yet again to get gone.
What's up Terry. I think I would enjoy your opinion on this gun and it's issues. Also, I'd like to know more about the replica and anything you would be ok with sharing with someone like me. I always learn from my betters and you know something I don't so getting to learn from your experience or opinion is why I join places like this.

·
Administrator
11,059 Posts
I replied to you PM with instructions on how to shut off the PITA notifications.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts