Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
marriage: 1 man 1 woman anything else is an obomanation....did i spell that right :?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Wizard said:
Velvalco, sorry, you did not spell it right...it is spelled: MARRIAGE..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'm not sure of what your are talking about ;)

·
Registered
977 Posts
Wizard said:
Slick....that's S...L...I...C...K... :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol notice it says i edited it 2 times,,,,,,i mis spelled it again.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Didn't catch the second one.....knew what you were talking about the first time though.....I admit....I was being "somewhat" of a smartass".....but only "somewhat"..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
11,110 Posts
Abomination. I know what you meant and couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Wizard said:
Didn't catch the second one.....knew what you were talking about the first time though.....I admit....I was being "somewhat" of a smartass".....but only "somewhat"..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

bahh wouldn't have it any other way.....

Good times,,,to be had by all.....

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
I think you all know that I'm against Adam and Steve so I'll save it and let someone else talk. :D

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
And I was trying so hard to stay out of this one…Sorry…

Well here goes. I have no problems with homosexuals (no surprise to most of you).

I grew up with a VERY close friend who when he finally left are small town, wrote me a long letter telling me that he was gay. I was stunned. He and I had been friends since we were in grade school, and he never let on in any fashion that he was gay. He told me in his letter that he had known since he was a small child that he never had any interest in woman, and that the when he kissed his prom date, it made him feel like he betrayed himself. I know this person. He is one of the kindest, most noble, and generous individuals that you could ever hope to call friend.

Let me tell you what he doesn’t do...

He doesn’t “sleep around” as so many straight and gay people do. He’s been in a monogamous relationship for 4 years, and is happy as I have ever seen him. He doesn’t talk with a lisp. You would never know from any conversation with him that he is gay. He works as a film editor in L.A. and not a hair dresser. He can’t stand the gays who are “flamboyant”. He thinks that they only hurt other gay people by making one big stereotype for people to recognize. If you ask him, he was born gay, and given a choice, he said life would have been so much easier if he was straight. He feels being gay is genetic, but that the “gay gene” doesn’t make you talk with a lisp, or design women’s shoes.

This is the reality folks, you run into homosexuals all the time and you NEVER know they are gay. They don’t ask for you to think its right or ok. Most don’t care. But what they do want is to enjoy the same benefits that straight people enjoy in this country. And while civil unions are great, they don’t provide the same level of protection to partners.

The upside of marriage…

Health insurance is most times only offered to spouses, not partners in a civil union. Is it fair that if two people are in the same type of relationship as two married individuals they should be denied basic health insurance??? Also you can have problems with hospital visitation in critical care situations…”Sorry, family, or SPOUSES only.” What about property inheritance…is it right that if two people spend their whole lives together, the possessions of one HAVE to go into probate in order to settle the estate? We bitch when out parents estates go into probate…Can you imagine the indignity of having to go through that ordeal with your spouse’s things? And whether you agree with homosexuals adopting kids or not, do you really want to take the child out of a loving home, because only person who had custody of the child dies? Bear in mind that the child probably just lost one of the two people that the child has ever know as a loving parent.

And as far as Adam and Steve, it amazes me how many more passages in the bible are directing Christians to turn the other cheek, love thy neighbor, and basically be a good person, then the few old testament (which is FILLED with crazy passages that recommend death sentences for even the smallest of crimes) versus the number that say “gay is bad”

I was taught like a young parrot to recite things like “Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve…” What a horrible thing to teach a child…I’m just glad that when I got old enough I was able to understand that there are people out there who are NOTHING like me, and that doesn’t make them bad; just different. And that’s fine.

Nobody likes being treated like shit.

My .02

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And here's mine:

Your friend sounds like a decent person. I have one that is much the same. If these people are the majority of them, why is it they never tell the rest to sit down, shut up, and not have the parades? They seem content to let the extremists talk for them. Rock Hudson was also gay, but never made it an issue. If they all act like him, we got no quarrel.

You don't see whites standing idly by when David Duke says something. The majority of people tell him to go away. The crowds of people that speak for the gay community shock and offend, and the ones that are just like us don't do nothin over the matter.

When they can stop acting like such fruits and just be a part of normal, everyday society without the need to display over-the-top gayness all the time, maybe we can have a conversation.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
If these people are the majority of them, why is it they never tell the rest to sit down, shut up, and not have the parades?
I can't answer that...I don't know. Maybe they’re angry at the way society treats homosexuals, and they don’t care who their more flamboyant “member” offend.

What I do know is this...we don't have a problem with New Orleans Mardi Gras parades, and those are far more outlandish than any gay pride parade that I have ever seen on TV.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I do have a problem with those parades. With all parades actually.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Johngoboom said:
If these people are the majority of them, why is it they never tell the rest to sit down, shut up, and not have the parades?
I can't answer that...I don't know. Maybe they’re angry at the way society treats homosexuals, and they don’t care who their more flamboyant “member” offend.

What I do know is this...we don't have a problem with New Orleans Mardi Gras parades, and those are far more outlandish than any gay pride parade that I have ever seen on TV.
YOU don't have a problem with Mardi Gras parades. I sure as hell do. They don't get a pass from me. I have a problem with Mardi Gras in general. I am tired of moral decay and depravity in the streets of these United States. Girls Gone Wild, Lake Havasu, the state of Nevada, all of it. It's not just the homos that upset me. I'm consistent with my outrage.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Damn right!! Vengeance may belong to the Lord, but once in a while, he sends down a Samson to carry that out.

Then one day he accidentally gave a believer the ability to hit 4 inch groups at 75 yards with an auto.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
RP your in the minority for wanting to get rid of ALL forms of depravity...Most people like to pick and choose. ;)

I might not aggree, but salute you for your consistency.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Or did the believer accidentally get a 4" group at 7 or 5 yards? :?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts