Gunner Forum banner

Caliber and gun type

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
21,944 Posts
Deadeye nailed it!!! We need to arm with something that gives us a defensive/offensive edge...then, collect the spoils of war as backup and resupply for friendlies...and we'll probably find the enemy using more 9mm than any caliber.....our .45 ammo may be harder and harder to find....but I'll sure start there....2 .45s, 10 clips, and 1000 rounds seems to be a good start....I've taught my boys in any action like that in this country, don't leave any weaponry/ammo lying around...if it's decent...take it, share it, stash it.....if it's crap, sink it or destroy it another way....there won't be any ordering at Midway or Cabella's....we'll learn to use what we can liberate....the question is not whether or not...it's when....

· Registered
21,944 Posts
Deadeye...you're as rough as an old corn cob on a cold winter morning....and just as useful!!! Sometimes folks dress up the truth and make it all slick and pretty and we don't get it quite as well as when it's cold and slimy and we get slapped in the face with it....I'm a bit blunt:) myself sometimes...better you remember what I said than how pretty I say it.....you can't get enough cllips into an Altoids tin...I wanna see that one!!! Agree on the rattlin' .45---that rattle's twice as deadly as the snake...I wish I'd'a bought a dozen or more when I was a lad and they were 29.00...nothing is as comfortable as a cold .45 on a hot night.....

· Registered
21,944 Posts
Hey, Deadeye...I may have you beat for social grace...one of my best two friends in the world told me yesterday his wife refers to me as "the most loveable asshole in the world".... :?

· Registered
21,944 Posts
Yep, with those 2, you are gonna have ammo....most stores and old widder ladies have some .357 or .38 around, and you can take the 9mm off the enemy.....

· Registered
21,944 Posts
I'll have you know I'm no lawyer!!! I don't live under a rock...but I hike on them every chance I get, just in case a lawyer's home....I don't watch many comedies....but I do love the Peasall sisters who sang in that movie....I've heard that they did....

· Registered
21,944 Posts
..or maybe he is an old fart and hasn't been able to stay awake for a movie's finish since "Second-Hand Lions"....you young sprouts have a lot to look forward to......

· Registered
21,944 Posts
Nite Ryder...both will make your point nicely...good choices...I'd use the buckshot .410 load myself...hits a lot harder than any shot load...and I'd stick to the 1911 for primary, too...nothing like a proven winner....

Snuffer....windage and elevation...windage and elevation......you're right...I'll pick up a BP single shot if that's what they drop....

· Registered
21,944 Posts
...Taurus 9mm, how much did he pay you to revive this thread so he could post a bunch of pictures???? Between tn gun runner and Johnny Wacko...they could arm a small militia...and there's one quiet one here who could arm another!!! I'd love to have about 50 myself someday...but it don't look too likely :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.