Gunner Forum banner

Caliber and gun type

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Site Founder
25,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok let's say that you have to leave your house in a big, big hurry. Maybe a nuke has gone off 90 miles away. Whatever the situation is you have to bolt. Now I think most here would want a gun with them. I know I would. The thing is you have to travel light and fast. No long gun. Now which hand gun would you want with you and which caliber? Let's just use the calibers in the poll. I don't want to list a million. And gun choice is simple. Revolver or semi auto. Why the combo you picked?

· Site Founder
25,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So then 357 magnum and a revolver should have been your first choice. I'm just wondering what people would want to have. Not so much what they have.

· Site Founder
25,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
XLCH said:
Revolver, not much to go wrong with them, 357/38 every one sells it, won’t be hard to find if you need to do some night shopping. 22 would be good two.
That's my thinking too. I picked revolver and 357, but I'm thinking 45 acp might be a good choice too.

· Site Founder
25,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so for those of you who chose semi auto, what if this turns out to be a longer than expected bug out? Do you think that a semi will hold up as well and be as dependable as a revolver in the long run? I know that a GP100 will still shoot even if it's filthy and been tossed around and beat on for a long while. Can the same be said for a semi? I'm looking at long term here. Sure a semi will give an advantage as long as it's clean and fed the right ammo and taken care of. Some will hold up better than others of course, but won't they all break down sooner than a revolver?

As far as 45 acp goes, it's a great caliber for offense and defense. I'm wondering if a person would be able to find as much of it laying around after a bit. Would the 357 be easier to get your hands on? Everyone and their mom has a 357 I think. One las thing. Weight. The 357 rounds are lighter and would allow the average person to carry more rounds than the heavier 45 acp rounds. True?

· Site Founder
25,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Yes they are hard to conceal. I could do it here in the winter if I didn't have to remove my jacket. But in the summer I'd never be able to get away with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.