Gunner Forum banner

Caliber and gun type

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

· Administrator
12,144 Posts
I tried to pick 357 and 45 as if I'm going it won't be light but it wouldn't let me so I wound up with the 357 mag. In addition I could easily put my hands on a thousand round of ammo it either 357 or 38.

Who picked the Dirty Harry gun? I want you at my back.

· Registered
1,902 Posts
I picked a .357 revolver. I figured if the brown stuff had really hit the fan, I might need to hunt for food. Ammo is widely available and you can use both .38 and .357. It works great for defense and even offense if you have to. It is not the round I would pick for hunting large game but I could do it if I needed to. I picked the .357 because it really is the jack-of-all-trades. That versatility would be appreciated if I could only have one gun.

· Registered
21,944 Posts
Hey, Deadeye...I may have you beat for social grace...one of my best two friends in the world told me yesterday his wife refers to me as "the most loveable asshole in the world".... :?

· Registered
877 Posts
:) I voted 9mm / Semi, because that is exactly what I do grab, on the way to the door 90% of the time. My Sig P226, & two spare 15 rounders, all 3 full of "Gold Dots". I've had it for seven years, & it has never been anything but 100% reliable, & very accurate ! :cool:

I would also now have to include my 1911, as at the time of this survey, I did not own one. It is quickly becoming my gun of choice as I go about my daily routine.

· Registered
306 Posts
I think my wife's Glock 19 and/or my Beretta M9 would be fine until we could get a hold of a long gun.

· Registered
1,346 Posts
Two choices allowed, so I chose 9mm and .357.

9mm because it is among the most prevalent in the world, easier to find more ammo, and carries the most per magazine.

.357, because it and .38 are also very common. Revolver is good thing to have around any time.

· Registered
3,174 Posts
There is one caliber not there, that can be carried by the 1,000's of rounds easily. And that is a .22 LR and a good semi or bolt would be hard to beat. Could work for defense as well as food as well as taking very quiet shots that will not draw attention to your location.

I would want to get me to a Ruger 10/22 :cool:

The 9mm would be my other choice... I changed :lol: because if the enemy were around they would be carrying 9mm NATO ammo (re-supply) I have a carbine in this caliber.... use mine to get me to one of theirs for high cap mags.

A Retired Army Col once said to a guy who asked...."What do I get in case of the SHTF" The Col said, "Son, you carry what you can shoot the best, to get to what ever they are carrying, then shoot one of theirs and steal all he's got."

Good movie to watch even though its old from 1984 - "Red Dawn"

· Registered
21,944 Posts
I'll have you know I'm no lawyer!!! I don't live under a rock...but I hike on them every chance I get, just in case a lawyer's home....I don't watch many comedies....but I do love the Peasall sisters who sang in that movie....I've heard that they did....

21 - 40 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.