Gunner Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I got an idea for youall. How bout loadin some 38 specials, with some flat nose bullets that are about 1.450” OAL, with No powder and No primers and selling them for Action Proving Dummies?? I’ll even buy the first 10 or so from ya cause I need em to tune this Marlin I got. Well?

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Talk to Wizard. He reloads about 2 million 38s per week.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Drummer, I'll try to find some flat nose bullets.....all I have on hand are round nose....if I can find some local, I'll me happy to make some up and send to ya.....will let you know.....

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very cool! If roundnose were used, what would be the overall length? The shape really isn't important as the length. Plus they will not be shot so they don't have to be so recessed into the casing, just enough not to fall out. I don't want you to have to go to the trouble of getting something you might not want to use for shootin. Thanks!

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
If you're looking for a standard OAL any bullet should be ok if it's seated properly I believe. :?

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Wizard said:
Drummer, I'll try to find some flat nose bullets.....all I have on hand are round nose....if I can find some local, I'll me happy to make some up and send to ya.....will let you know.....
I have about 1000 140 gr .357 bullet . I can send you some or I will sell the 900 since I sold the gun I got them for .

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I reckon you have to have the reloadin equipment to get the lead in the brass, right?

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Drummer, I've also got some SWC's....I can make them any length you want them. Just let me know, LRN or SWC.....

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well we ain't allowed to use wad cutters and I'm not real sure what they are or why SASS doesn't permit them so the Lead Flatnose Winchester Cowboy loads I use mostly are 1.440" and the Flat Points are 1.480 so 1.450 should do it. Can you make that work with Round Nose?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts