Gunner Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.toxicjunction.com/get.asp?i=V1050

...you can spot someone carrying by movements or the way they look around or adjust their clothes...lots quicker than you can see the gun print...you CAN carry any 6" handgun or smaller dressed this casually...and I've been surprised by how many guys wear a dress shirt tucked in and carry one of those inside pants holsters on the strong side hip with a loop snapped around the belt...which you can snap keys to...the shirt goes down between the holster and a leather flap which comes up and ends in the loop and snap...to draw, you claw up the shirt and draw...pretty fast...didn't like the idea till I saw it used and saw the draw...it really works well...one of the holstermakers has a demo video...I'll try to find it...for you guys who have to dress nice and take your coats off in the office....

got it: http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/beltslide.html

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Pretty impressive!

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
i carry full size all the time.......and it probably makes me look like less of a target as i ain't exactly making headlines in the fashion world............

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...me, either, Bud...even if I could get the clothes right...there's still the mug...... :(

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I wear jeans and a T-shirt every day of my life. The only thingthat ever changes is the size of the shirt. Depends on how active I've been. :lol:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Guys, . . as big as I am :shock: , I can pretty much hide anything short of the 8 3/4" 500 S&W Mag. ;) :lol: But, most times I carry My Sig P226, & an extra magazine, both loaded with Corbon 125 Gr.+P., & I feel very good about this choice. :) But, at the same time, You may find Me carrying anything from a GP100, to My 10 shot S&W 617 /.22. in Summer weather, & I even feel fairly good when carrying 10 rounds of CCI "Stingers" in it.

I have never been a big fan of the .380 Ctg., & in coat weather, would definitely choose the FMJ bullet. I have fired JHP .380's into an oak board, & found the tail of the bullet still protruding from the wood. But, It's still absolutely better than a sharp stick !!

In My 65 Years, I've only ever felt the need to draw a weapon one time, & that was 20 odd years ago, & a little Model 60 S&W. Just displaying it diffused the situation, actually involving a victim other than myself.

It is My sincere desire that any confrontation end in this manner, but, I am fully ready, willing, & able to empty whatever weapon I have with Me at the time, into any B.G., if I deem it necessary to protect Myself or others from a life threatening situation.

But at the same time, I also pray daily, never to find it necessary !

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Most of the time I carry a full sized 1911, but in the summer, if it's really hot and I don't want to wear a vest, I have a Star Starfire in .40 cal. that fills the bill.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Sheepdog

Glad you posted this, cuz I'm gonna need this holster for my 24/7 OSS DS .45 ACP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts