Gunner Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Auctioned over the weekend for $860,000. It's got stag grips, and I see stippling on the front strap. Adjustable sight, I think? Wonder what else might have been done to it ? Seems to be the original style, the later (1924) A-1 had a beveled trigger cut-out and other changes. Capone did 8 years of an 11 year sentence, 1931-39. Early release because syphillis had done him in mentally.

I understand Al's favorite weapon was the Louisville Slugger. No mention of any of those being offered......:LOL:

Hand Gesture Trigger Finger Gadget

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I got to thinking about that rear sight. I see a little dot in the front of it, like a pivot pin. So, looks like it's adjustable. Was it that way when Al had his mitts on it ?

I Googled every which way and can't find a thing about early adjustable handgun sights, just rifles. Were they making them in the Twenties ? Google doesn't do well for the 1911 either, everything that comes up is for the A-1 model.

·
Administrator
11,110 Posts
I wonder how he carried it. A shoulder rig or maybe Mexican carry.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Found a better photo on several websites. You can see the engraving much better, that definitely full adjustable sight, and a trigger shoe. Grips are quoted as being deer antler.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Revolver Wood stain

Also auctioned Al's Colt 1908 Pocket Hammerless, went for $242,000.

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory

Here's a happy looking bunch, Al and some of his "associates".........

Outerwear Hat Photograph Fedora Coat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts