Gunner Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a S&W 625 JM this week. I am wondering on recommendations for a good IBW or other CCW holster for this gun. I have not done CCW yet and am looking for a good recommendation of a holster and how to carry this concealed. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Well that's quite a gun to cc iwb. You will probably do better outside the waist w/leather holster & a good heavy leather gun belt to boot.

Some of the guys that I know sporting such a big heavy steel gun, use a leather outside the waistband holster with a shirt such as a t-shirt & a longer untucked unbuttoned, button down shirt over the top of the t-shirt. This allows easy access to your firearm while concealing just fine.

If you're only carrying from home to the store occasionally, you won't have to sweat holster options as much as someone who carries on regular basis for long periods of time.

Good luck on your holster quest. Let us know what you decide. ;)

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
http://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommer...oncealment-Holster.cfm?item_id=151&parent=669

Simply Rugged makes a good pancake holster that can serve either IWB (with optional straps) or OWB.
+1 I have these for all of my carry guns, Sourdough Pancake for revolvers and their Cuda for Semi-Autos. I recently have tried BlackRhino Concealment kydex for my P320 Compact and M&P 9 and really like them, very comfortable!

PS: A friend carries a 6" GP100 IWB with the SR SP, says it works fine, too much for me!
(it was one of my options along with a black powder Ruger when he gave me the LCP)

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Can't help on the holster, but that 625JM is quite the gun. One of our local action shooters uses it in competition.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
You say you just got the JM and haven't done CCW yet. Was the JM bought as your choice of a carry gun?

Just my honest opinion, that's a whopper (40 ounce empty) chunk of steel to try to hide, and tolerate the weight of. Heavier guns tend to carry more comfortably in holsters that don't conceal well. I'm happy with a 15 ounce LCR stuck in a pocket.

Let us know how it works out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts