Gunner Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
NV: Mass Shooting Stopped by CCW Permit Holder
In the small town of Winnemucca Nevada a man bent on performing a mass shooting at a bar was stopped by an armed CCW permit holder who happened to be in the right place at the right time. The alleged mass murderer had already killed two victims & had injured two others with gunshot wounds, but after reloading to resume his shooting spree he was shot & killed by an armed CCW permit holder who was also at the bar. The alleged mass murderer & his two dead victims were already dead by the time Police arrived on the scene once again proving that when seconds count, only the immediate responders are already on the scene, while first responders (Police) are only minutes away. This is further proof that gun free zones are a travesty that must be ended.

. . .The officers on scene discovered three adult males who had died from obvious gunshot wounds. Two additional gunshot victims were also located. One of these victims, a 34 year old male, was transported to Humboldt General Hospital via private vehicle. The other victim, a 22 year old female, was transported via Humboldt County Ambulance . . .

. . . The subsequent investigation lead detectives to believe that Villagomez entered the bar and at some point began firing multiple rounds. At least two of these rounds struck and killed the other two decedents, Jose Torres age, 20 and his brother Margarito Torres, age 19 both of Winnemucca. At some point during this shooting spree Villagomez allegedly stopped and according to witnesses reloaded his . . . handgun and began shooting again. It was at this point that the second shooter, the Reno resident, produced a concealed handgun and proceeded to fire upon Villagomez who succumbed to his wounds. The Reno resident was in possession of a valid Concealed Carry Permit issued through the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office . . .

Luckily Nevada does not turn places that happen to serve alcohol for on premises consumption into a so-called "Gun Free Zone" or who knows how high the victim count could have been before Police could have arrived to end it. In Arizona & many other States citizens are not currently allowed to carry a defensive weapon into places that serve alcohol. It is long past time that we get rid of gun free zones, places where only the Police & the criminals are armed.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
That last paragraph is yours....I'm in complete agreement....our esteemed Governor made a lot of talk right after signing our new "everyone can carry in their car unless you're a gang-banger" law....he feels there should be NO place that a CCW permit holder can't carry---defeats the whole idea.....states can't buck the federal prohibition, but everywhere else would stop a lot of crap...schools, hospitals (while in the hospital on my son's first attempt to deliver with his wife, I talked for almost an hour with the old ex-cop/fireman/ems man who was on (unarmed) security as I stood there in the hallway with the required empty holster under my shirt...an hour later, I went down to lunch, and from the emergency room, came a worried-looking nurse and a city cop running after her...he hooked 'em down the corrider I was approaching as she said "He's right there"....I stepped it up and pulled away from my son to catch the officer...saw as I turned the corner that my security friend and a deputy already had a man down..(on dope and he lost it.)...and it was all over...I stepped back and went on my way....thinking "My, what an empty holster you have!!!" The law here includes hospitals IF they post legally....this one did...now, if I can find a public entrance that has no sign...I can slip in...and I'm covered....but didn't have time that morning to circle the hospital.....shouldn't have to go through that....the state says "You're competant and should carry...until you go here...here...or here...." a properly carried concealed weapon is only an enhancement to everyone's safety...not a hazard....maybe we'll make more progress this legislature.......

I hope our Nevada hero doesn't get into trouble...in Tx., gun= no alcohol/alcohol=no gun.....

·
Registered
977 Posts
Missouri's list is extensive as well. But hopefully shrinking soon.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Some of our prohibited places are only so if they post it right....giving us a lot of leeway...a gun/slash/circle or "No guns" or "No firearms" sign can be and is ignored...and, if you don't have to shoot your mouth off...you won't have to worry about a verbal notice....till AFTER you need it.....concealed is the word.....

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Concealed means Concealed....

"I would rather be tried by 12, than carried by 6"

But in class today, I got to teach the students what "Montana Law" say's about it, not what I do.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Johngoboom said:
Same with Michigan...we have a pretty good list of places we can't carry. :(

Shawn: Where did this post come from???
I lost the link. I usually post the link to the story as well and for some reason I didn't do it this time. I'll post it if/when I find it.

We can't carry in bars here either. Intoxication = loss of CCW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts