Gunner Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been sticking 5or10$ at a time away saving up for a nice .38Sp. I've been wanting to reload some .38s but the only .38 I had was a little Rossi stub nose. I found this model 10 at Cabelas for $299.00. Wasn't looking for nickle plated pistol, but she was the best of the bunch they had.

Near as I can find out, she was made in 1977.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
She's a beaut, now all you need is some range time with your new friend. :D

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Good goin' Deadeye! Have you shot it yet? Is there something wrong with nickel plating? Is that why you called it a sissy gun? I'm happy for you . . . are you happy for you?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Natalie said:
Good goin' Deadeye! Have you shot it yet? Is there something wrong with nickel plating? Is that why you called it a sissy gun? I'm happy for you . . . are you happy for you?
Yes I'm very happy! No I haven't had time to work up my loads yet, but I can't wait to take her out to the range. It also worked out great that she fits a holster that I won in a Karma that didn't fit my Redhawk.

The sissy gun thing is just a joke. :lol:

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
i've always liked pencil barrel model 10's.............

and you can be suprised just how many folks are intimitated by a shiney nickle gun when on the other end of it...........

i swear, point a blue steel 38 and they don't care.........but point a nickle plated raven 25 auto at them and they start to pee down both legs................... :lol:

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Looks good Deadeye, I think you will have many an hour of fun with that gun. :)

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
..guess I gotta be a boy, then, cause I can do some things with a 2" Bodyguard that a lot of guys can't do with a full-sized any caliber....it's all in the way you think about your weapon....seriously....far more bgs have bitten the dust from a well-placed .38 ball than any other caliber cops have carried....

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
...I do believe it was the .45 Colt that tamed the west and was here first...the .44 Mag was a loud little brother of the .44 Special...which still is.... :lol:

·
Administrator
11,904 Posts
I'm guessing you'll like how it shoots especially the trigger. The Model 10's are +P rated as well. I have a blued version that is the M&P and pre-model 10 and it's standard loads only. If someone asked what it the only gun they would need for home defense I'll send them a copy of your photo. Good job and enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.