Gunner Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering selling some of my arsenal . Indoor ranges are a bit pricey, probably busy, and my free Forest Service range will likely be packed too, thanks to so many new gun owners. The way I look at, I just need my carry Guardians and a .22 for occasional fun. Haven't decided if that would be a Bearcat or my SP101.

My best LGS consigns for 20% last I knew. I'm guessing anything that shoots is getting a premium right now. I'm afraid my LGS would give me the book trade-in value, and sell at the premium. I think I'd do better on consignment, and base my prices on current list. Example; my Bearcats are nine years old, and I paid $200 less than MSRP now. My other guns are similar.

Another problem is ammo. I've got 28K of .22 LR, and I'll never need that much. I got a little carried away during the previous Shortages.....:rolleyes:......And 1500 rounds of .38 Special, that I wouldn't need at all. We used to have a big flea market that would let you sell ammo, but it closed. Spare parts are another issue, I always get a good assortment for each gun. I could eBay those at least.

Question : If I end up with no Bearcats, can I change my forum ID ???

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
This week I assigned my Howa 1500 243 with three boxes of bullets to my buddy that owns a pawn shop.
His gun rack was empty and he needed the restock.
No charge to me.

·
Super Moderator
10,780 Posts
I would not sell my SP101 in .357. That will do the job even with .38's. Right now I suspect you can outright sell without giving up 20% and ship FFL to FFL. You can list on Ruger Forum as you are a a member there in good standing.

As to changing your user ID the Admins can do that, beyond the mod function.

·
Registered
11,080 Posts
Unless you don't want to go through the hassle of web sales I'd consign unless you really know your LGS. I'd trust my guy in Ellensburg but not sure here but he has been very fair on trades and even bought some outright for a good price. Sold my ammo to friends.

Terry, I also sold all my 44s, could you check out changing my name? I go by SmittyJ on several other forums. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,780 Posts
So 44's don't rock so much for you anymore. I PM'ed the Admins.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would not sell my SP101 in .357. That will do the job even with .38's. Right now I suspect you can outright sell without giving up 20% and ship FFL to FFL. You can list on Ruger Forum as you are a a member there in good standing.

As to changing your user ID the Admins can do that, beyond the mod function.
The SP is kinda clunky, and not that much more effective than my little Guardians, which hold 6+1 too.

I won't need any shipping, the LGS could sell them all pretty quick. I doubt he'd drop the fee, though.

Anyway, on Ruger forum, I got a dishonorable discharge......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,080 Posts
So 44's don't rock so much for you anymore. I PM'ed the Admins.
Nope, much as I loved them, arthritis in my hands made them painful to shoot, especially with the Garrett ammo I was using . My 45 Rugers with Buffalo Bore ammo were better, probably more due to the grip shape but I quit handgun hunting and stomping around in big bear woods so my 9mm BB Outdoorsman will have to suffice. LOL That is, if I ever get my ass back out in the woods.

That's also one of the reasons I have standardized on Smiths and Sigs, I can strip them down easily, Glocks were a pain and 1911s not at ll.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
44s, if it's any help, I've never been comfortable with large calibers. Years back, I was watching a range shooter with his Redhawk. He handed it to me and said to try it. I made it through the whole cylinder but vowed "Never again"....:oops:

I tried a .41 Special once and it wasn't so bad; I'd call that my upper limit. I've never had .357s in my SP, but have shot them a time or two, no thanks again on those. I have small arms and bony hands, so have my limits.

·
Registered
11,080 Posts
My 4" GP100 was a sweet shooter and that was my Woods gun for a long time, a lot more than the 44s and was deadly accurate, definitely my snake gun! LOL To be truthful, that is the one gun I'm sorry I sold, but, if I want a 357 fix my son has my dad's 4" Security Six.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I reversed it.
I just tried it. Didn't recognize my password, and after I reset it said, "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action" , then it wouldn't even let me see the home page. I did get an email saying I had successfully changed my password, and it had a log-in button that also said , "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action". So, I can't even see it un-logged in.

That's why I purposely did something to get discharged, being tired of the site's hateful attitude toward several other members......:devilish:

·
Super Moderator
10,780 Posts
I PM'ed Osokill for help. It shows the ban gone so I'll let him get into it.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I later tried it on the lunchroom computer at work, and got the same results. I don't know how much time I'd give it; hopefully less snobby now.

·
Super Moderator
10,780 Posts
BC is your e-mail on RFN the same as Osokill is going to send you an e-mail. If not PM it to me as with the new system it isn't visible to a mod.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Same email. I just replied to his, basically same thing I told you. I'll see how it works out. Thanks !

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, tried Ruger Forum again; no change. Doing exactly the same things.

·
Administrator
370 Posts
Unless you don't want to go through the hassle of web sales I'd consign unless you really know your LGS. I'd trust my guy in Ellensburg but not sure here but he has been very fair on trades and even bought some outright for a good price. Sold my ammo to friends.

Terry, I also sold all my 44s, could you check out changing my name? I go by SmittyJ on several other forums. Thanks.
Your username is updated.
-Philip

1 - 20 of 23 Posts