Gunner Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way home, for months, this guy has had this great looking old tractor for sale in front of his house. Yesterday he was out in his yard so I stopped.

It's a Farmall 'Cub,' 1949. Motor rebuilt in '97 or something, and he just finished redoing the paint and stuff. It is beautiful. It's a small tractor, that Cub, but way too big that I could justify it. I could mow my acre in about a half hour with it. But dang, the thing calls out to me!

He bought it with the motor rebuilt but it was a rust bucket, for $1,300. He's asking $2,700 but would take $2,500, and it runs like a top and looks parade-worthy. In fact, that's why he got it originally, for parades.

I did a little snooping online and you can get mowing decks and plows and stuff for it no problem. The price seems right too, I saw some online that need to be restored still for almost $3k! And this one is done and ready for service or conversation piece.

I really love the thing, but it makes no sense to have it. If anyone knows someone who might want it, I will take pictures and post them. I think it's a really good price for it.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bountyhunter said:
Oh just get it. I do that with guns all the time. :D
Funny thing is, my wife would probably be cooler with a $2,500 gun (though I can't imagine what that would be - maybe some kind of John Wayne commemorative Model 94 or some such thing). The tractor, well that just doesn't make a lick of sense, and not only does she know it, she knows I know it! With a gun, she might actually think I thought it was a smart purchase.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I know what ya mean, Eddie....I want a 21hp 4x4 with a bucket....but new, they want $12,000....just can't justify that.....

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
How about the old line I use now and then.
"But Honey, It's a great deal and an investment too. And I really really want it :D :D :D It'd make me sooo happy!"

It works some of the time, as long as I don't over use it!

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
well darlin' ya did say something about gardenin'!!!!!!!! :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts