Gunner Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...reminded me of one time when I was janitor for our church...and there was a wedding...the sound people were outatown and the couple assured me that they thought I could handle the simple task...play a song from that Canadian lady for him from her....then play a Tracy Byrd song for her from him....welllllllllllllllllll, I had the cd thingy loaded with two discs....I had the track number to play for each stickied up there....I was all ready...the piano lady was at the piano (of course) at the front of the church, and I was at a raised sound booth at the back...the speakers faced front and I couldn't hear much....but when the piano song ended, and the piano lady nodded to me, I punched in the number of the girl's song to her love....Celene Dion(does that sound right-the Titanic love song....and this thing almost ended up like the Titanic)....and everyone cried while the loveyouforeverdearestonesong played....then the song ended, and a short piano interlude...and the piano lady nodded again....and I punched in the number for the guy's song to his gal....heard the music start, and the words begin...and thought I'd done a great job....till the piano lady started shaking her head violently and looked like she'd swallowed a dirty sock...I punched stop...folks were looking back at me and laughing, and all I could do was punch it in again and hit start....and the song started, everyone cried again, and they were wedded....married....hitched.....well after the doins'...guess who stayed behind to clean up...and I cranked up the sound, listened to the whole Tracy Byrd CD, and understood what the piano lady was choking on......somehow, I'd put in the wrong number, and, instead of tender love, I'd played a scorching confession...at least 4 lines of it:
http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/t/tracyby ... 87430.html

I was SUPPOSED to play:
http://www.romantic-lyrics.com/lk1.shtml

Oh, well...I TOLD them I wasn't a sound man.........

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Hoo-boy - wedding to remember. Three cheers Sheepdog! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We really might be related.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
:D :D :D :D

well, at least it wasn't "dueling with the devil"!!!!!

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Hey it'll be a wedding they'll never forget. :lol:

In this day and age they say the first one is the best one. :? :lol:

·
Registered
189 Posts
..ROFL
I just read the beginning of the lyrics and about spit soda on myself :D
I have seen many things like that, you ought to screw up at a funeral( I have done that)..Dang!!!!
funny thing about doing sound,When it sounds good nobody even knows you are there,but make a mistake and you can not duck quick enough :eek: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll stick to scrubbing potties.......safer duty.....

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I wish I could have been a fly on the wall that day. :D

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
dbsoundguy said:
..ROFL
I just read the beginning of the lyrics and about spit soda on myself :D
I have seen many things like that, you ought to screw up at a funeral( I have done that)..Dang!!!!
funny thing about doing sound,When it sounds good nobody even knows you are there,but make a mistake and you can not duck quick enough :eek: :lol: :lol:
Devin, I think you just slid in but gotta tell ya, you blend right in!

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Stress? Most the photographers I've seen are seeing double by the time the reception starts.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Never did drink when I was working....come to think of it, during that time, I didn't drink at all.....still don't drink very much.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts