Gunner Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, guys, it's hot here in Tx....I built some steps off a porch today...and my youngest son called me right after two for a ride to his new job....one of the oldest sno-cone stands in Tx......took him to work and too hot to go back...I guess that's why I'd loaded my tools up :) Went to Costco and got a chicken, some bread, some mustard (and 4 cases of water) and home to my fearless Bowie dog...flipped on the TV and found Death Wish is on, then 2, then 3, then 4, then 5.....I reckon I'll be relaxing this evening!!! Can't say how many times I've seen them all....

Why post? I got two things off the movie we need to consider:

When the police can't/won't/don't protect folks....and one of those folks steps up to protect himself/others....they find it easier to target him as the problem than to solve the real problem.....the media does the same.....it's not PC to stay healthy and safe, I guess....screw them....why should we lay down to be victims of those the police can't seem to control/stop???? Ain't gonna happen...not going hunting but if I get targeted by the bad guys, they'll think they've treed a mad ****.......

When one stands up and resists......others are emboldened to protect themselves, too....attitudes resembling courage and manhood surface....and the hunters become the hunted....folks take care of business.....that's why the media plays down the times we stop trouble....the "establishment" doesn't like the glory going to someone else, and sure doesn't want the population asking why they can do more with sticks and hammers than the police do with all their resources....

I love the police, but I damn sure don't look to them to protect me....more likely they'll need help than I will....and I'd help them....just like I'd help anyone else....these guys on this forum are the ones I could count on for help....the ones I know wouldn't stand there or look the other way....we're not victims, and not too terribly socially correct....but we ARE what built and kept this country safe enough to raise our families, and we're not done giving yet.....Semper Fi.......

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Well I'll start by saying, sounds like you have a great night ahead of you. :D

Now Sheepdog you and I know that the government wants, NEEDS, us to depend on them for everything. They don't ever want us to figure out that we can and would survive without them and all their glorious wizdom the force on us on a daily basis. If we were to figure out that we can protect ourselves, protect our friends and family, and take care of ourselves better than they can, they'd be out of business. And that ain't good for business.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can holler "Bingo" now...you got all the spaces covered!!!!!! +1!!!

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You'd enjoy them...in order of their making...each one kinda ties to the last one....you would learn a bit about the criminal mindset that needs to be known....

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Lord, I can't believe you have never seen the Death Wish movies, JohnGoBoom! I have em all on tape or DVD. I have watched them so many times I can tell you what ole Bronson is gonna say before he says it!

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My favorite line of all of his lines is "I was makin' a sandwich"!!!

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
sheepdog said:
My favorite line of all of his lines is "I was makin' a sandwich"!!!
I am kinda partial to the line in DW2 where he asks the punk if he believes in Jesus, and the punk says "yes" and Bronson tells him "good, cause your gonna meet him" and shoots the bastard!

I also like the line in DW5 where the mob guy is pointing a gun at him and asks him if guns make him nervous. Bronson replies, "guns have their uses. IDIOTS with guns makes me nervous."

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd like to have had the writer of those movies for a neighbor...betcha he was ex-military...he surely understood good men have to stand up and do bad things to stop evil from destroying the things we've fought for...I'd like to buy him a steak...those movies have changed a lot of timid souls to roaring lions!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts