1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Quami Kilpatrick is on par with Ray Nagan and Marion Barry as the worst mayors in the history of the US. That guy just makes me proud to be from Michigan. What a dunce.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Kinda like the New Orleans of the North, huh?.....at least you got the Tigers, the second best damn team in the country, in my opinion...high respect for those boys...and Pudge is my all-time favorite player....whatanattitude!!!!

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Pudge has been a great addition to the Tigers roster.

My favorite on the team right now is Magglio Ordonez, now there is a class act. And a .311 career batting average ta-boot.

It's funny, the Astros are my favorite non-hometown team (although I think the new uni's stink, I liked the old space ship design). Guess I just like long shot underdogs!

Nolan Ryan was really the reason I liked the Astros. He was my baseball hero, and he played for the Astros during the height of my baseball card collecting period.

And speaking of Pudge and Ryan who could forget THE FIGHT! (This from Wikipedia)

After Ryan hit Robin Ventura of the Chicago White Sox, Ventura charged the mound in order to fight Ryan, who was 20 years his senior. Ryan secured the 26-year-old Ventura in a headlock with his left arm, while pummelling Ventura's head with his right fist six times before catcher Iván Rodríguez was able to pull Ventura away from Ryan. Ryan stated afterwards it was the same maneuver he used on steers he had to brand on his Texas ranch. Videos of the incident were played that evening throughout the country. While Ventura and White Sox manager Gene Lamont were ejected, Ryan–who had barely moved from his spot on the mound in the fracas–was allowed to remain in the game and pitched hitless ball the rest of the way.

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Yeah, that was just the warmup he needed.....I once argued with a baseball "pro" I worked for for hours that Nolan did that....he was SURE it wasn't him.......so I asked the next 5 customers who came in...all of them knew....I fed that crow to the boss for months....and I don't even know baseball...Nolan's a class act, too......looks like neither your team nor mine has come up to speed yet...but it's gonna be a gooooooood season!!!!!!!

·
Registered
859 Posts
If I had kept my baseball cards... instead of puttin um on my bike spokes with a clothes pin to make that ''flappin sound''.........what was I thinkin back then ?.....

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I'd like to have some of the ones I had as a kid now, mrb. I'd probably be sitting on a small fortune. :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts