Gunner Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of my snakes, the smallest one. Dexter. He's a Florida kingsnake and is very friendly.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Nice! I just went to a reptile expo a couple of weekends ago. They must have had 2000 snakes for sale there. I've kept Boas and Pythons but never the smaller snakes.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
honestly, i'd rather keep them at gun barrel length---preferably long tom shotgun barrel length.....

·
Registered
892 Posts
My Son-in-law, "The Pastor", now has 26 of them. Boa's, Tree Boa's, Corn Snakes etc., all the colors of the rainbow, I don't even know what they all are. He also has Scorpions, Frogs, Turtles, Mice, Tarantulas, & various Lizards ! It's sort of like a freaky pet store ! I handle a few of His snakes, I actually like a couple of them, but I draw the line at Scorpions & Spiders !! No THanks !!

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Honestly, Dexter is really pretty/handsome, whatever the case may be. I can't tell the difference.

Cold blooded are interesting 'expositions' - warm blooded are 'pets'. To me a pet is an animal that will be your friend and do stuff with you. A pet is affectionate and glad to see ya. Can't take a snake for a walk. They can protect themselves but wouldn't protect you. Snakes are interesting but I don't find them lovable. Scorpions and spiders should be behind glass in the zoo unless of course your family surname is Adams. Just how I see it.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Hey Eddie ;

Just wanted to tell You, We had severe thunder & lightning storms here late last week. My Son-in-law lost 10 of His snakes & a couple Lizards, as a power surge from a lightning strike fried the surge protector & shorted out all the UTH's in the Zoo room. I didn't get all the details, as to which ones He lost, but some were rather expensive ones. One that really doesn't break Me up was a Tree Boa. I won't miss Him, He had a real bad disposition, just downright "nasty" ! But I do feel bad for My Son-in-law, as He had a lot invested in them, & really enjoys them. I'm not too sure, but I think He still has 15 or 16 left.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Boy does that suck, Jim! I lost one because I had lost power way back when.

Was the tree Boa maybe a python? The Green Tree Python is horrible about striking. They've been known to bite even after years in captivity. I wouldn't want one. They are beautiful snakes, but they're attitude sucks. :?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
41 Magnum said:
Hey Eddie ;

Just wanted to tell You, We had severe thunder & lightning storms here late last week. My Son-in-law lost 10 of His snakes & a couple Lizards, as a power surge from a lightning strike fried the surge protector & shorted out all the UTH's in the Zoo room. I didn't get all the details, as to which ones He lost, but some were rather expensive ones. One that really doesn't break Me up was a Tree Boa. I won't miss Him, He had a real bad disposition, just downright "nasty" ! But I do feel bad for My Son-in-law, as He had a lot invested in them, & really enjoys them. I'm not too sure, but I think He still has 15 or 16 left.
That's awful! I'm sorry to hear that. Just awful. :cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts