Gunner Forum banner

How many Bike Riders out there ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend, who I used to work with, stopped by the house yesterday. He was riding a New Bike He just bought. :cool: It is a "Buell"? (spelling ?) Not exactly the sort of machine you'd expect to find a Harley Davidson engine in. Sort of looks like a Cafe Racer type machine. He says it is the quickest bike He's ever had, & I do not doubt it. It has the big Harley engine, & weighs in at about 365#. That should be an awesome ride.
I haven't ridden in about 15 years, but it made Me want to climb aboard & take off. I was never much for Harleys, but that's one really sweet bike !!
If I were to start riding again, I kinda miss My old Bonneville ! I wouldn't imagine there are too many of them left any more. Believe it or not, if I did My part, that thing could get 75 miles to the gallon, on the highway. I could sure appreciate that a lot more nowadays, than I did then !! I had a lot of other bikes thru the years, some better, some worse, but I have a lot of very fond memories of that bright Orange Bonneville. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I love them, but have never ridden. They kind of scare me.

So do biker chicks, but they, too, are quite appealing to me. ;)

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Them Buells are one hell of a bike, I started riding 1966 a BSA that I keep at a friends house, Dad did not want me to have a bike, LOL, sold the BSA and got a 64 Sportster and never looked back still have it, had BMWs, Honda 750s, and always keep the HD. Me and my bud ran top fuel and top gas drag bikes. The fuel bike ran in the low 8s, the gas ran in the low 10s, and the street bike ran low 11s- high 10s, them were fast in them days. FUN FUN. :lol:
:lol:

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
XLCH said:
Them Buells are one hell of a bike, I started riding 1966 a BSA that I keep at a friends house, Dad did not want me to have a bike, LOL, sold the BSA and got a 64 Sportster and never looked back still have it, had BMWs, Honda 750s, and always keep the HD. Me and my bud ran top fuel and top gas drag bikes. The fuel bike ran in the low 8s, the gas ran in the low 10s, and the street bike ran low 11s- high 10s, them were fast in them days. FUN FUN. :lol:
Are you sure we're related? Maybe I was adopted. I saw mom pregnant so I know she had YOU.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Natalie said:
XLCH said:
Are you sure we're related? Maybe I was adopted. I saw mom pregnant so I know she had YOU.
YEP :eek:

·
Registered
739 Posts
I bet that Bonneville was a hell of a bike too! Those babies are Sweet!

But there’s still nothin like a Harley! I haven’t ridden since I retired over 30 years ago. There’s too much traffic on the road now and only about 5% of the people driving actually know that the most important thing they are doing at that time, is operating a vehicle! That always seems to be in the background with them. They are really Phone talking or text messaging and just happen to be behind the wheel of something!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:mrgreen: The Bonneville, & later, My Kawasaki were narrow bikes, that were very well suited My riding style. I was never a "cruiser", but more a "Barnstormer". I loved twisty back roads, & mountain roads, flat out. Both bikes had a very narrow profile, & could be layed over almost flat going thru turns, as long as the tires were good. And, for the time both had the torque to come out hard. I took a few spills back then, but never anything too serious, just some road rash, cuts & abraisions !!
I long for those days, but sadly, I'm too old, fat, & fragile to do it now ! :(
I guess, "now" I'd be at the "cruiser" stage of My life ??
:cool:

:evil: I'm pretty sure, with gas prices at $3.75, to $4.50 a Gal. You're going to start seeing a lot more bikes on the road soon !!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Had several Hondas back in te 70s, 250 scrambler, 300 Dream (cool ride) and the 450. Still like 'em but hard to ride with a bad back and knees. :x

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey Wizard, I also had a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500. Didn't ride it much and every time I read the VROC posts, there was another guy getting hurt from running into a car that made a left turn in front of him. I just figured I had beat the odds long enough.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Thunderjohn, I belonged to VROC. Went to the reunion in NC a couple of years. Really enjoyed it, but you're right....it go too dangerous.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts