Gunner Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
I don't use any polish. I probably should though. My brass is always dull and dirty looking. Kind of looks like it's homeless. :?

What's good for polish?

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
I need to try that dryer sheet thing, hI have been using Midway polish, I get it when its on sale

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Dose it keeps the media clean longer?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Are the bounce sheets unscented? Don't want my shop smelling like one of them french youknowhwat houses. The brasso seems to work and I buy partial cans at garrage sales for a dime or quarter. Normal run time is around 2 hrs. Since I use the el cheapo wally world media I change it regularly and it is amazing how it cuts to down the time the tumbler needs to do the job.

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
chance said:
Are the bounce sheets unscented? Don't want my shop smelling like one of them french youknowhwat houses. The brasso seems to work and I buy partial cans at garrage sales for a dime or quarter. Normal run time is around 2 hrs. Since I use the el cheapo wally world media I change it regularly and it is amazing how it cuts to down the time the tumbler needs to do the job.
I take the used ones, Chance. They don't smell like anything and work just as well. Plus we get to do laundry with them. :D

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
since we don't use the fabric softener sheets, maybe I'll just try a shot of Downy added to the media-----

On the polish, I use a product called MAAS and it is in Walmart or other grocery chain stores back in the same area as the laundry detergent. Comes in a blue & silver box with a squeeze tube. I add two dollops about the size you would put on a toothbrush for regular cleaning and add an extra if the brass is really dirty.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Oh - did I forget to add the smiley face?
:shock: :roll:
:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

·
Premium Member
8,995 Posts
Jewelers rouge works well on tarnished or dirty brass. It's a powder. I keep some walnut shell with this in it to polish and clean the nasty stuff. It does not take long. I then tumble these cases and the cleaner used cases in cleaner walnut shell to make them clean and ready. I don't want any polishing residue on my cases or cartridges.

If loaded ammo has a lot of lube on it I will tumble for a while to remove it and wipe them as I put them in cartridge boxes. Tumbling saves a lot of wiping. I only use a rotary tumbler for this. I never put loaded cartridges in vibratory tumblers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.