Gunner Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scoffed at my friend for getting one, and then he traded it off....to me. Needless to say, I have adapted to it. But I still remain skilled with open sights.

My first was my friend's G19 MOS with an RMR, and extra things that are not essential but are on it: stippling, milled slide, Ghost Triggers Ultimate, Overwatch Precision Trigger/bar.

For every optic I outfit them with backup Suppressor Height Tritium sights. I prefer Tritium powered reflex sights over battery since it's always "On".

Having visual acuity changes in my "middle age" I find the fewer focal planes to be an advantage. However, there is a learning curve for a new user. The sights have to be brought up to eye level. Next, the sights don't play a factor at less than 15 yards.

I do find transitions to be faster from target to target, and there is no significant added bulk when carrying.

Anyone else? I have an FN FNP 45 that I wish had the optics plate, and I'm waiting on a mounting plate for my FN 5.7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
I used them on an M&P i built for my wife. she likes them. i don't use them since my EDC is a full size magnum revolver and i am fine with it in all ways.

THE GUNSLINGER

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
Never tried them. I try to keep my EDC as minimal as possible but for home or competition that would be good.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
How about this in 22 mag with folding grip with laser and bayonet .
Does it have radar too?.....That bayonet looks a bit sharp for pocket carry......:-D

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Does it have radar too?.....That bayonet looks a bit sharp for pocket carry......:-D
That not my gun , I got the pic off the internet . Sitting down with that in your front pocket would great if you want a sex change :p. The gun shop in Killeen Tx has that setup in stock if anyone needs one .

·
Registered
4,981 Posts

My only prefer light:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
HA! Ditto! Way too funny!:D

I don't care for bulky carry guns. However that doesn't mean I don't carry larger framed guns, just not with stuff hanging off all over them. The odds of using such rmrs during a self defense situation will be slim to none. I prefer a smooth snag-free draw for potential self defense situations.

As for range guns, let it rain optics and what ever else floats your boat.

But each to their own.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I don't care for bulky carry guns. However that doesn't mean I don't carry larger framed guns, just not with stuff hanging off all over them. The odds of using such rmrs during a self defense situation will be slim to none. I prefer a smooth snag-free draw for potential self defense situations.

As for range guns, let it rain optics and what ever else floats your boat.

But each to their own.

Well I play both ends of the spectrum. I was tired of the revolver vs semiauto, capacity vs ballistic arguments. So I carry a Kimber K6S with 158 gr JHPs and a Glock 19 MOS with an RMR and red dot sights. One is for quick draw and the other is for sheer firepower.

My hunting guns are my favorite, as I get a rush from shooting them. That Smith 500 with 350 grains has a loud bark and moderate recoil, relatively speaking to my 500 gr 500 magnum load...quite a fierce round for a heavy bullet.

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
Well I play both ends of the spectrum. I was tired of the revolver vs semiauto, capacity vs ballistic arguments. So I carry a Kimber K6S with 158 gr JHPs and a Glock 19 MOS with an RMR and red dot sights. One is for quick draw and the other is for sheer firepower.

My hunting guns are my favorite, as I get a rush from shooting them. That Smith 500 with 350 grains has a loud bark and moderate recoil, relatively speaking to my 500 gr 500 magnum load...quite a fierce round for a heavy bullet.

:lol::lol::lol: I shot my 2-3/4" 357 witth hot loads in the dark once! Only once!! :eek::eek:

·
Registered
4,150 Posts

I don't care for bulky carry guns........not with stuff hanging off all over them. The odds of using such rmrs during a self defense situation will be slim to none.......and what ever else floats your boat.
I agree, plus one, ditto. You don't need much help at 15-20 feet. My SP is bigger than I'd like, but nothing else floats my boat....:-D

What's an rmrs?.....:confused:....Oh, got it, Ruggedized Miniature Reflex (sights).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree, plus one, ditto. You don't need much help at 15-20 feet. My SP is bigger than I'd like, but nothing else floats my boat....:-D

What's an rmrs?.....:confused:....Oh, got it, Ruggedized Miniature Reflex (sights).

At that distance I just point shoot. I don't even need Sights to hit center of mass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 14 of 14 Posts