Gunner Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found that the wife got a SS check put in bank today. She passed Oct 3, SS was notified that week. She got a check later in month. I had understood that would be the last one. Online search says they pay a month late, so this new one would be for October, which I think she is entitled to, even though she was only three days into the month ? I'll go nuts waiting to call them Friday.

·
Administrator
11,217 Posts
As I recall with my mother, they deposited one and then took it back. I seem to remember I got my first check in Sept and my BD is Aug 1 but don't rely on my memory as that was over 12 years ago. I went for it at 62.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll find out eventually. It's not that it would break me, it's just more aggravation, another thing I have to do. Seven weeks, and I'm still not done settling things.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called Social Security and it wasn't so bad. Except for being on hold for 50 minutes. A very nice woman, knew her stuff, and we actually had a clear connection. She took care of everything in 30 minutes. I don't have to do anything about the checks, they do it. Turns out I was right, the October check was for September so it's okay. They will take the recent check out of the bank. I do have a phone appointment in January (earliest open) to apply for survivor benefits. Wife's earnings averaged out higher than mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts