Gunner Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went yesterday for about three hours, had it all to myself. Worked good for my favorite targets, golf balls. Hard to reset them when it's busy. Shot my .22 SP at 20 yards, and my "kill" rate was about 30%. Sometimes I managed three in a row, sometimes only one or two out of eight shots.

Ammo was Auto Match, that I'm trying to get rid of. It's the worst ammo I have, but out of the whole box of 325, I only had four FTFs. Still have three boxes to burn up.

I took a Bearcat as backup, but ended up not shooting it. Next trip I will.

Vacation is gone, back to work tomorrow..........:cry:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Golf balls at 20 yd is a pretty good shot. I'll never shoot all the Auto Match I have. I've been spending so much time "getting rid" of my junky ammo that I just ignore the ammo I like. Lately my warm up ammo is Auto Match and my "good" ammo is Aguila Standard, which is sort of OK, but I haven't even tapped into a box that has 3500 rd of CCI Standard in it.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
We're in the same boat as far as shooting up the bulk quality 22 LR, most of which we grabbed back during the great 22 ammo crunch. The Automatch has worked out well, for us, though we sometimes run into a box of less than consistent quality. Bill shoots the Automatch as his standard in his Smith 617. Me, my basic starter ammo is CCI SV, but all my match barrel guns only get match grade ammo. What we really need to shoot up are the tons of Remington Goldens we have. I do NOT rate those, highly.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The AutoMatch is the last of my bad ammo. I tried to stay away from stuff I doubted during the Great Shortage, but I actuallly got it on sale at Dick's (yeah, I know, the last thing I bought there). I think it was two for $ 20, and I ended up with eight boxes. Near the end of the shortage, and the clerk said it was several back orders that came in on one truck. It's not so bad, just dirty. It's a bit slower than most HV, so I'll have to raise my sights once it's gone.

The rest of my .22 inventory is Value Packs, and non-bulk Champion, Lightning, American Eagle, and Mini-Mags.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts