Gunner Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two recent posts on the Flag swelled my heart and reminded me of something that happened many years ago---1970...I was home on 30-day leave from Camp LeJeune, and took my gal (my first wife-to-be) to a movie...we were sitting there holding hands and the flag came on the screen and the national anthem started...that's the way they started the movie evening back then...we stood up and none of the 75-100 others moved...I bellowed in my best Marine voice "Get on your feet!!!" and every one of them jumped up....looking all around to see who'd yelled...but those lazy motherssons and daughters stood for our flag THAT night!!! wonder what the response would be today.........

·
Super Moderator
10,895 Posts
They probably would need an extra dose of ritalin.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
#9 birdshot at their feet or in their a** :x :x :x

·
Site Founder
25,453 Posts
Today the response would be to toss you out and have you arrested for yelling at someone. It's not PC to yell at people. :roll: I hate people sometimes. :evil:

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some things are worth going to jail for.........

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Sheepdog, this is exactly why you are my friend. I'm proud to know you and even though I've never seen you with my eyes I do know you. Your heart and head are filled with wisdom, love and compassion plus a great sense of humor. i would have been proud to be your date that evening.

If you were to do the same thing in 2008, people would still stand as ordered. There just shouldn't be the need for an order. Appears that no one wishes to stand alone or to be the first. Embarrassment rules.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
When the second gulf war started and the president came on the TV and announced the beginning of operations in Afghanistan I was in a sports bar having a few drinks with my friend Tom. Everyone was silent through the whole broad cast listening to the president, but as soon as it was over, ever one went back to talking and their drinks. Except for Tom and I, we stood up started applauding...

People looked at us funny, but who cares...you do what's right, even if it is simple as showing support for the men and woman who are about to go into battle on your behalf.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
Farmer John, you lookin' for a date too?

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
John...proud to call you friend....teach your children and grandchildren...keep the fire burnin'.....

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
I was just razzing John. I wasn't serious. I musta crossed a boundary line.

·
Registered
859 Posts
allways a silence before the storm.....but when the storm hits , nobody knows where it came from. Be aware of the potential harm. good post sheepdog. Natalie....you are our sweetheart , inspiration ,and calming factor when things seem to go to the dog's.....uh oh!!!!!!.........just kiddin sheepdog. Any body that messes with natalie.....gotta deal with us.

·
Registered
11,450 Posts
You rock mrb. You earned yourself a massive amount of brownie points with this post.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
When Desert Storm first happened I joined others on a corner in the center of our town. We named this Patriots Corner, and even got news coverage from a local station. Of course there were those that were in upset over the American Flag that I proudly placed high on my pole.

Police, Fire and others honked as they drove by.

I am a Vet, and very proud to have served my country, our country!

Tribute to the American Flag

·
Registered
22,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If anyone gets upset over MY flag in MY country...let the yellow bastard declare war and I'll be the one who fires the first and last shot.....the slimey pukes need to pack up and LEAVE if America's such a bad place...they won't be missed....when a high school lets kids fly the Mexican flag over an upside down American flag.....like they did in Ca.....where were the MEN in that school???? Where was the police/security officer? I'll die before I'm forced to suppress my pride in my flag and country to be politically acceptable....if they don't like our flag or want to fly their own....let them go home...which, to them, America AIN'T!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts